Cyber Threat Intelligence Lead
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/10/2018
- Ref R001900691
• Cyber Threat Intelligence Lead, based in either our London office or Swindon office, with opportunity for flexible working.
• Target salary of £35,309 (range from £39,232 - £51,001) on a permanent contract
• Closing date 19/10/2018
This role is an exciting opportunity to have real input on the development of an ambitious Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) team. Working in our Cyber Security function, the CTI Lead will be a impornat part of day to day technical collection, analysis, and dissemination of threat intelligence across the organisation. It will also be instrumental in contextualising threat intelligence into an actionable form, and ensuring its relevance for stakeholders.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an ambitious, energetic, and experienced cyber security professional with a proven track record of working within threat intelligence functions, ideally in the Financial Services sector. You'll excel when working in fast paced environments where you are responsible for maintaining high standards of operational output. You’ll also be an advocate of threat intelligence and its value, and be passionate about it having a positive impact on operations.
You'll have a strong technical understanding of the cyber threats facing large commercial organisations, along with the technical mitigations appropriate to those threats. As well as this, you’ll have a natural passion and curiosity for security and intelligence, and be apt at blending technical details with traditional intelligence tradecraft to produce concise, relevant, robust, and timely assessments. You’ll also be experienced in communicating your assessments to an audience across multiple levels and departments, as well as working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
We work closely with our peers in other organisations, as well as our vendors, and the CTI Lead will be central in managing and developing these relationships. On occasion, the CTI Lead will also be required to deputise for the Cyber Security Managers.
As our technologies and associated threats are constantly evolving, you should possess a solid self-development mentality. At Nationwide, we invest significantly in staff development, and we want candidates who will actively pursue and exploit this.
As a minimum requirement you'll have:
• Experience of Threat Intelligence, Information Security, and a solid IT background. Ideally formally qualified, such as GIAC, OSCP, or CCTIM, or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of the Cyber Security domain, including the Tools, Techniques and Procedures used by attackers and the mitigations to defend against these.
• Knowledge and understanding of Security Operations Centre, and Vulnerability Management operations and activities.
• An aptitude and interest for software engineering.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Python, HTML/CSS, document-orientated database experience.
• Experience working within the financial services sector.
• Relevant post graduate qualifications.
• Offensive security training and/or experience.
• OSINT security training and/or experience.
What you'll be doing
• Triaging and analysing collected data, including social media, dark web, and news media.
• Analysing threat intelligence reporting from our vendors and partners.
• Support the production of appropriate, refined, and robust intelligence products to answer requirements, and provide actionable insights.
• Deliver improvements to our existing processes and workflows where applicable.
• Liaising across the business to understand requirements, and to disseminate products.
• Ensuring your knowledge and understanding of the threats remains at the cutting edge.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme