Physical Security - Security Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/05/2018
- Ref R001900564
• Control Security Manager, Head Office Swindon
• £41,951 to £60,956 a year on a Full time, permanent contract.
• Send in your application by 29th of May 2018
Nationwide’s reputation depends on the trust of our members. The ever-increasing volume of customer data brings with it exposure to a growing number of issues and challenges across the organisation. Particularly significant is the risk and the associated threats of a cyber-attack.
As a Security Consultant responsible for Physical Security Risk and Control within the newly formed Security Governance, Risk & Controls capability within Security. We are looking to recruit a physical security subject matter expert who will to build the right relationships with the rest of the Nationwide Communities and beyond to make sure we’re talking early and often about the big changes that need to be delivered securely for our members and colleagues.
As a building society, we’re run for and on behalf of our members. Not shareholders. This means that we reinvest our profits back into products and services to improve our members’ lives. It also allows us to invest in the latest security technology whilst being at the cutting edge of API, Cloud, Agile and DevOps ecosystems.
Who we're looking for
The suitable person will have or be able to demonstrate:
• A background in Physical Security within the Financial Services industry.
• An understanding of Physical Security risk and controls associated with large and complex IT; Cyber and Physical Security operations
• Analytical and communication skills with the ability to advise, prioritise and measure success combined with the aptitude to choose correctly from alternative solutions in new and varying circumstances
• Proven Relationship management and Stakeholder management skills
• Being engaged with external information sources and being well networked with the industry
What you'll be doing
Working alongside the Security Control Manager, you will be a key influencer in a mindset shift in the organisation. You will take day to day responsibility of our physical security policies, controls and standards. And well as acting as the focal point for liaison with appropriate agencies and peer organisations
You will be accountable for:
• Physical security policies, controls and standards to promote consistent ways of working within Nationwide’s risk appetite.
• Engagement with Business Communities to provide a view of Physical Security; Risk Control and Compliance, and ensuring all Communities are aware of and abide by their security responsibilities.
• The identification and completion of threat assessments and review across the organisation.
• Acting as the focal point for liaison with appropriate agencies and peer organisations.
• Provide direction on training, project advice and risk for all aspects of physical security.
This role will involve some travel and overnight stays, therefore a full driving licences is required.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme