Security Consultant - Advice and Assurance
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/04/2018
- Ref R001900387
- Security Consultant – Advice and Assurance, based at our Head Office in Swindon
- Target salary of £46,612, range from £41,951 to £60,596
- Closing date of 25th of April 2018
Group Security has an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join the Security Advice and Assurance team. Nationwide is currently going through a period of dynamic change introducing new and cutting edge solutions to enable our customers to interact with us in the digital age.
The Security Advice and Assurance teams’ role is to support these changes with consultancy advice on IT Security, Data Privacy, PCI-DSS, Physical and Information Security, underpinning this advice with design assurance ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our customers’ data.
Who we're looking for
As a Security Consultant within Group Security you will have detailed knowledge of IT Security and Information Security with experience in a similar role.
- You’ll be motivated and passionate about your subject.
- Have the ability to identify and assess risks and issue appropriate controls, relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to develop excellent relationships.
- Have the ability to deliver work within tight timescales and to a high quality.
- Be an excellent team player but able to work on your own initiative.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Be educated to an A-Level or equivalent standard
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Networking (including Firewall and Intrusion Prevention Technologies), Database, application and web components integration.
- Be able to manage senior stakeholders and use your clear communication skills to articulate challenges in language your stakeholders will understand.
It would be nice if you also had:
- An industry recognised Security Qualification (CISSP qualification or equivalent experience).
- Good working knowledge of PCI-DSS (PCI-P qualification preferred or equivalent experience)
- Experience of working with ISO 27001/2
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working in a friendly and established team of Security professionals, supporting everything from local area initiatives to major corporate transformation projects; enabling projects to comply with Group Security controls along with scheme and regulatory requirements such as PCI-DSS, helping to ensure that the impact of these policies are minimised.
You will be providing detailed risk assessments and ensuring appropriate actions are taken, as well as providing mentoring support and assisting the other Group Security teams where required.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme