Security Manager Risk Framework
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 24/05/2018
- Ref R001900518
- Risk Security Manager, Head Office Swindon
- £55,930 a year (range from £50,337 to £72,709, depending on current remuneration package) on a full time, permanent contract.
- Send in your application by 24th of May
Nationwide’s reputation depends on the trust of our members. The ever-increasing volume of customer data brings with it exposure to a growing number of issues and challenges across the organisation. Particularly significant is the risk and the associated threats of a cyber-attack.
As a Senior Security Manager responsible for Security Risk and Control within the newly formed Security Governance, Risk & Controls capability within Security, you’ll be able to build the right relationships with the rest of the Nationwide Communities to make sure we’re talking early and often about the big changes that need to be delivered securely for our members and colleagues.
As a building society, we’re run for and on behalf of our members. Not shareholders. This means that we reinvest our profits back into products and services to improve our members’ lives. It also allows us to invest in the latest security technology whilst being at the cutting edge of API, Cloud, Agile and DevOps ecosystems.
Who we're looking for
The suitable person will have or be able to demonstrate:
- A background in Security within the Financial Services industry. Most likely a professionally qualified Information Security and risk management professional
- A understanding of security risk and controls associated with large and complex IT; Cyber and Physical Security operations
- Inspire your teams and with the ability to seek out new opportunities and influence to enable buy-in and implementation
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to advise, prioritise and measure success combined with the aptitude to choose correctly from alternative solutions in new and varying circumstances
- Excellent Relationship management and Stakeholder management skills
- Being engaged with external information sources and being well networked with the industry to ensure our risk and control assessment remains current and any change in risk or threat level is understood.
What you'll be doing
Working alongside the Senior Security Governance, Risk and Control Manager, you and your team will be a key influencer in a mindset shift in the organisation. You will take day to day responsibility of our security risk measurement, monitoring and defined target state and ensure they are embedded through the organisation.
You will be accountable for:
- Plan and implement a single strategic risk assessment methodology for use across the entire security function
- Managing the risk assessment and dispensation process to keep Nationwide within agreed risk appetites
- Engagement with Business Communities to provide a view of Security; Risk Control and Compliance, and ensuring all Communities are aware of and abide by their security responsibilities.
- Management of security risk ownership within business communities through partnering with the business as a trusted advisor to improve risk management and compliance outcomes.
- Lead and develop teams of subject matter experts to drive people capability and high levels of personal performance, as well as driving employee engagement culminating in positive Viewpoint scores.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656