Security Operations Centre Senior Security Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 18/01/2019
- Ref R001900812
- Senior Manager, Cyber Security Operations, Head Office Swindon
- £54,231- £88,126– salary dependent on skills and experience
- Send in your application by 18th of January 2019
Our Cyber Security team delivers a range of operational security services, from identifying threats, providing system access, managing security incidents, through to monitoring our systems and delivering a range of protective controls. Our mission is to protect Nationwide’s systems and information, including sensitive information belonging to colleagues and members.
For this Senior Role we want someone to join our Cyber Security Operations function. You will have an exciting opportunity to shape and lead the delivery of Cyber Security Operations for Nationwide Building Society, including the day-to-day leadership and management of our award-winning Security Operations Centre (SOC), Cyber Threat Intelligence and Security Engineering Teams.
Who we're looking for
- experience of leading a Security Operations Centre or other operational cyber function in a large organisation and can demonstrate a wide range of scenarios in which you have overseen the identification and response to specific threats.
- an energetic and experienced security professional with a proven track record of delivering new capability alongside uplifting existing capability.
- an up-to-date understanding of the cyber threats facing large commercial and financial organisations and be familiar with the mitigation strategies appropriate to those threats.
- experience of leading and growing a technical, operational cyber security function, whose size and activities are justified by the threat landscape and risk appetite applicable to the business.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- significant experience of Information Security, IT Security and Cyber Security and a solid IT background.
- formal pertinent qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CEH, GIAC, or have equivalent experience and a strong academic base.
- detailed knowledge of cyber security domains, including Tools, Techniques and Procedures used by attackers and the mitigations available to defend against these.
- leadership and management skills and experience appropriate for a large, complex, technical area discipline in a dynamic business.
- personal resilience and be a highly motivated self-starter who relishes a challenge.
It would be nice if you also had:
- experience of an equivalent role at a large financial services provider.
- experience of gathering and analysing cyber threat intelligence or leading a specialist team undertaking that function.
- experience of managing digital forensics and eDiscovery capabilities for cyber and other business needs.
What you'll be doing
You will be working for Nationwide’s Head of Cyber Security to run the operational teams that deliver Nationwide’s Cyber Security capability. Responsible for the identification and response to threats you will lead several busy teams of technical subject matter experts to ensure security issues are identified and dealt with in a timely and effective way, ensuring that our members’ interests are at the forefront of our Cyber Security provision.
Running the day-to-day Cyber Operations Centre, you’ll be effective at communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including business areas and suppliers, and will have an understanding of the detailed working of the products and services across the Nationwide Group.
You’ll provide technical advice for other areas of the Nationwide Group by maintaining an up to date technical and industry knowledge about Cyber Security and new technology, and by managing a technical cyber security engineering team.
You’ll ensure that threats are continuously and proactively identified and analysed to ensure that all security teams and the business itself stay as far ahead of cyber threats as possible, ensuring the effective gathering, analysis and appropriate dissemination of external threat intelligence.
From R&R document
- Accountable for the pro-active management of cyber security monitoring, detection, triage and response activity.
- Accountable for the investigation, analysis and reporting and commentary of CTI.
- Responsible for supporting the wider business including HR, Fraud and Legal by providing oversight of and assistance with cyber and digital forensic investigations.
- Responsible for the eDiscovery and forensics scope and test plan
- Accountable for the engineering management and change activities to deliver required cyber security tooling, upon which the cyber security operation teams operate.
- Accountable for the tuning of technical controls to proactively and reactively protect against new threats.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4,656