Technical Lead for IT Performance / Availability / Security Manager
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 18/12/2018
- Ref R001900792
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in IT transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. We need a skilled Technical Lead for Performance/Availability/Security Manager to help cement our leadership position in the world of Open Banking.
We’re collaborating with FinTech partners to continually innovate through new open API technologies, but at the same time, investing in our branches and digital channels to create the best blend of human and digital service for our members. Our Technical Leads play a crucial part in this.
Who we're looking for
We need somebody with:
• A high degree of technical depth in performance engineering
• The ability to drive improvements in NFRs for new deliverables in order to improve performance, security, availability and resilience
• An aptitude for transformational leadership is essential as you’ll be building a high performing team
• Provable competence in the area of production recommendations & delivery
• DevOps capability
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to find practical solutions in a time-critical environment
What you'll be doing
As Technical Lead for IT Performance/Availability/Security Manager, you will be responsible for multiple areas of the development lifecycle. First and foremost is the analysis of the existing production services. You will work with the production team to build up a view of performance bottlenecks in order to recommend remedial actions. Once established, you will be helping to define standards, processes and methods to allow the team to develop high quality, scalable and resilient solutions.
The extras you'll get
As well as flexible working, you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
• Access to a healthcare scheme
• Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
• Annual performance related bonus scheme.
• Company car or allowance worth £4656
Click apply today and send us your CV to take your first step towards helping us build society.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.