Business Support Analyst
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract type Temp to Perm Conversion
- Closing date 27/03/2019
- Ref R002800939
- A number of Business Support Analysts located in our Head Offices in Swindon
- Salary £19,647 - £28,379 a year (dependent on skills and experience) based on a permanent, 35 hour per week, contract.
- Please send in your application by 27th March 2019
Please note that this is a permanent position.
We are looking for a number of Business Support Analysts to work within the IT Operations and Service Delivery team based in Nationwide House.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have the ability to work proactively, with a self-starter attitude to provide the business with detailed, value-added insight
- Be a great communicator with your team and peers, patient, confident, supportive and assertive, with the ability to provide feedback and have challenging conversations
- Have a strong numerical background with excellent analytical skills; ability to think laterally and make links between data from different sources
- Be well organised, able to manage time effectively and deliver to tight deadlines
- Be a natural problem-solver who uses their initiative to bring about resolutions
- Have excellent interpersonal skills; be a confident verbal and written communicator with the ability to communicate with all levels
- Have advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
It would be nice if you also are:
- A competent user of SharePoint
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Be familiar with EPM and the RRF process
What you'll be doing
- You will provide administrative support and analysis which challenges and promotes operational improvement, you will support the community/tower to achieve long-term society goals.
- Produce insightful reporting, which benefit the business and allow them to track performance and make timely and informed decisions
- Analysing data to identify the root cause of problems and offer workable solutions
- Provide support to implement changes and improvements to existing reporting
- Raising Purchase Orders and GRN invoices
- Raising RRFs ensuing that resources are allocated correctly and in a timely manner
- Support the Operations Manager
- Arranging oversees travel and accommodation
- Organize and take responsibility for offsite events working with our 3rd party supplier
- Maintain and own departmental Operational Plans
- Manage the administration of the various meetings and ensure key points, actions, decisions and outcomes are clearly documented
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.