IT Operations Manager
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/03/2019
- Ref R002800936
- An IT Operations Manager in our Head Offices in Swindon
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a Permanent, 35 hour per week, contract.
- Please send your application by 27th March 2019.
IT Operations and Service Delivery plays a critical part across the organisation in ensuring that IT systems and services are available to our staff and members. This is an opportunity to join the ITO&SD Operations Management Team in a key role that will facilitate and lead on going improvements in Infrastructure Engineering’s performance by providing key performance data and challenging the departmental leadership team to deploy resources in the right way to ensure continuous improvement in operational performance.
Who we're looking for
An IT professional accountable for leading the ongoing improvement of Infrastructure Engineering’s operational performance through the provision of insightful analysis and MI and supporting the wider management team in its focus on key business outcomes.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have a broad understanding of all areas of IT technologies and their interdependencies
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of how to drive service improvement through KPI identification, monitoring and reporting
- Have well-developed communication and stakeholder management skills and be robust enough to handle continuing high levels of challenge
- Have a logical approach and the ability to think laterally along with a critical eye for detail
- Have negotiating and facilitation skills which are second to none along with the ability to influence at all levels
- Be a proactive self-starter with good planning, organisational and problem-solving skills
It would be nice if you also had an IT or related business qualification such as ITIL or COBIT.
What you'll be doing
- Develop operational MI and performance reports which provide an accurate picture of Infrastructure Engineering’s performance against key processes and controls
- Support the development of Infrastructure Engineering’s People Strategy by creating and managing sustainable work practices
- Contribute to, further develop and sustain a continuous improvement culture that improves performance and efficiency.
- Maintain a service focus on IT outcomes for our members and internal customers
- Ensure IT Operations & Service Delivery’s performance against its Key Performance Indicators is maintained, working with the platform teams to take corrective actions where required
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place, observed and evidenced
- Ensure Business Continuity Plans are effective and joined up across the Department
- Work with leadership team to actively manage budgets ensuring costs are within agreed budget and regular updates/ forecasts are reported.
- Manage and implement remediation plans following local assurance activities and internal audits and risk reviews
- Develop an effective network with other Operations Managers and across ITOSD to facilitate effective service delivery and support other area’s objectives.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme