IT Risk and Controls Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/04/2019
- Ref R001900777
• IT Risk & Controls Consultant in our IT Governance, Risk and Control team, to specialise in IT Operations and Service Delivery risk
• Based in Nationwide House, Swindon
• £30,506 - £44,065 – depending on current salary and banding
• This is a permanent, full time position
An exciting opportunity has arisen to help shape Governance, Risk and Control management within IT Operations and Service Delivery to match or better those found in any financial services organisation. As IT Risk & Controls Consultant in our Governance, Risk and Control team you’ll support leadership decision making by providing the right information, at the right time to the right person. The team are responsible for reporting the risk and control profile, providing an accurate current position as well as insight into how the profile might change as a result of future technology change. The team advise on what steps the business can take to reduce the likelihood of an IT Operations risk having an impact on customer service.
Who we're looking for
As someone who already works within Nationwide, you’re likely to either be someone with experience of creating regular, scheduled reports for a senior level meeting/committee, looking to further develop your reporting and analysis capabilities in the fast-changing world of technology, OR someone who is very organised, with experience of fulfilling important operational processes, who wants to develop their understanding of risk and control management in a technology environment. Either way, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that look across all IT Operations disciplines, working with managers and specialists to improve the IT service via effective risk and control reporting.
As a minimum requirement you’ll be:
• able to build trust and relationships quickly and maintain these long term
• organised and able to co-ordinate a range of different inputs into a final delivery
• passionate about producing consistent, high quality professional reports
• confident and professional when asking others to complete activities on your behalf
• enthusiastic to develop skills, knowledge and competencies in a practical way
• eloquent in the way you explain risk and control reporting, using words and terms people understand
What you'll be doing
As part of the IT Governance, Risk and Control team you’ll be responsible for the timely production and delivery of a range of risk and control reports for the IT Operations and Service Delivery leadership, the IT Controls Board and to Executive-level Committees. You’ll manage the effective operation of the team’s reporting processes, co-ordinating and creating the reporting pack for the IT Controls Board monthly, as well as reporting to Executive Committees (e.g. ODRC, ORC etc.) as required. You’ll create scheduled, action-orientated risk and control management reports, including dashboards, and monitor the performance of scorecards, appetite metrics, limits and triggers, reporting by exception. The reports you’ll provide regarding the risk and control landscape will support decisions regarding risk mitigation and investment choices, both essential to remaining within risk appetite.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme