Methods and Tools Technical Architect
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 14/05/2019
- Ref R001900839
- A Method & Tools Technical Architect in our head offices in Swindon.
- £50,800 - £73,400 a year (dependant on current salary and banding), on a permanent 35-hour per week contract.
As a Method & Tools Technical Architect, you will be managing a small team responsible for the day to day running of a relational database called ARIS. It’s a critical tool with fast growing demand across our Business Architecture, Business, Risk and Resilience communities. You will be responsible for making sure our customers’ needs are met, and help with successfully embedding ARIS across Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
You will be an organised individual who’s good at prioritising conflicting demands in a constantly changing environment. You will need to be confident about persuading people as you’ll need to influence senior stakeholders. You will also be passionate about data management and understand the importance of a robust metamodel and data integrity across integrated tools.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- Experience of working in, or managing, a team who look after IT applications or tooling
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the ARIS toolset
- Line management or team leadership experience
- Experience of planning and implementing business change across a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of Cloud based IT solutions
It would also be nice if you have:
- Knowledge of how ARIS has been configured for Nationwide
- Working knowledge of the current use cases it supports and the communities that are currently using ARIS
What you'll be doing
You’ll be leading a small team who look after the ARIS tool, which maps the linkages between Nationwide’s business processes, applications, 3rd parties and organisational elements. This data has a variety of different uses across Nationwide. This is an exciting time to join the team and help Nationwide to achieve its goals around standardising and simplifying its business processes.
Under the guidance of the Senior Method & Tools Architect, you will be help to achieve the roadmap for ARIS, showcasing its capabilities and managing the roll out of the tool. You will need to ensure that the needs of our numerous customers are met, that the data within ARIS is well managed and our customers are enabled to use the tool correctly. You will also own the day to day relationship with the IT supplier (Software A.G.) around future enhancements to the system and liaise with them to resolve any incidents that occur.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career.
- Pension scheme whereby if you pay 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Car or Car Allowance worth £4646 per year.