Value Assurance Analyst
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/03/2019
- Ref R001700320
• A Value Assurance Analyst to support our Invoice and Performance Management team in Operational Supply Chain Management at our Head Office in Swindon.
• £19,647 - £28,379 a year (based on skills, experience and current package) on a permanent contract, plus excellent benefits.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Operational Supply Chain Management (OSCM) as an Analyst to support our Value Assurance function. OSCM function has been established as a key part of our strategy to support the delivery of outsourced IT services across the Operations and Delivery division.
Working with an in-house and outsourced teams the key responsibility of this role is to assist in the validation, reporting and payment controls for several strategic and preferred outsourced suppliers.
Who we're looking for
This role will appeal to those from an analytical / numerical background, ideally with some experience of financial analysis. This will be a challenging role and will draw on your skill to assimilate and process large amounts of information to support the value assurance and performance management process. This role will involve working closely with Finance, Group Commercial Management, IT operational teams and Suppliers.
Ideally we’re looking for someone who has some financial experience and analytical analysis, but provided you have a strong numerical background this is not essential. You should however be naturally analytical, and experienced in building working relationships and have a confident approach to work.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have excellent Excel skills
• Excellent organisational skills and a fantastic eye for detail with a pragmatic approach to work
• You’ll have a curious mind and clarity of thought and approach challenges with a positive attitude
• You’ll be great at relationship building as you’ll be required to work not only with multiple internal departments but also external suppliers and partners
• You’ll be a team player and be just as comfortable working on your own or as part of a team
• be flexible and adaptable to support and embrace change as the department continues to evolve
What you'll be doing
Your key accountabilities will be:
• Tracking and reporting of commercial deliverables and benefits.
• Identifying cost saving/avoidance opportunities in contracts.
• Working closely with business areas to ensure Nationwide drives value from third party contracts
• Driving efficiencies and consistencies in processes
• Assist in the oversight, governance and control of Value Assurance and supplier performance management on large third party IT contracts
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.