We are looking for:
• Director of Business Operations (Operations, IT & Resilience Community)
• Based HQ Swindon
• Senior Executive package
• Full time, permanent contract
• Please send in your application by 22 June 2018
We are moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Effective Business Operations underpin this and all five of our cornerstones, enabling us to achieve our ambition of building society, nationwide.
This Senior Executive role provides a fantastic opportunity to support the Chief Operating Officer and the Senior Leadership Team in driving a strategic agenda towards exemplar, and defining the most efficient and streamlined ways of working.
Who we're looking for
You’ll work closely with the Chief Operating Officer not only to ensure a cohesive and aligned strategy across the Operations & Delivery Community; but to enhance rigour around governance processes and reporting; define and drive the community target operating model; and develop an overarching, and effective communications plan.
The successful person will have or be able to demonstrate:
• Understanding and track record of delivery of business improvement approaches, including lean management, cost management, value improvement, knowledge management and programme delivery;
• Authority and credibility at organisational and industry levels;
• Excellent management and problem-solving skills;
• Organisational savvy with ability to build internal and external networks at all levels;
• Experienced in the delivery of MIS/reporting to a wide range of senior internal and external stakeholder groups;
• Detailed knowledge of risk management and controls and their application in a multi-disciplined environment;
• Ability to direct programmes comprising a diverse range of projects with a track record of delivery;
• Understanding of external competitor environment, impact of global trends and the associated political, economic social and technological influences at play.
What you'll be doing
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer the role will be accountable for the strategy, management, planning and reporting, internal governance, communications and change across the Operations IT and Resilience Community, your key responsibilities will be:
• Strategy, Planning & Reporting
o Develop and own the strategic planning process for the community to ensure the requirements and demands from the Society strategic planning cycle
o Lead the design, approval & implementation of a reporting procedure & schedule that is aligned to regulatory requirements and reports on progress against the agreed strategy and performance metrics
o Ensure reports are produced within SLAs to an accurate and high-quality standard that is meaningful, enables informed decision making and provides insight into the direction and effective delivery of the strategy
• Governance and leadership support
o Work closely with the Community Leader providing support to ensure they are set up for success and enabled to deliver against Nationwide strategy and vision.
o Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective and efficient community governance structures and operations that will drive and maintain traction of the delivery of the strategy.
o Own the community’s leadership committee agenda, ensuring the right level of debate and decision-making takes place, supported by quality papers
o Leverage and build on existing relationships with HR Business Partners, Head of Communications and Heads of Transformation.
o Directly accountable for the development and leadership of a team, ensuring headcount, budgets, communications and day to day operations are managed effectively.
• Structure and design
o Define and drive the target operating model for the IT, Operations and Resilience community
o Ensure the operating model continues to be fit for purpose taking into account the demands of the strategic agenda, operating plan and required governance and controls.
o Maintain the responsibilities map for the community’s SMR roles and ensure there is clarity of accountabilities across the leadership community
o Identify and shape all divisional change activity including strategic risk change initiatives ensuring it is effectively governed, well communicated and remains aligned to the overall strategy
o Accountable for coordination, PMO, support and delivery of BAU and local or community-wide initiatives.
o Develop and direct the leadership, management and technical development programme across the communities, working with Learning & Development partners and community leaders
o Develop the long-term succession plan and workforce skills plan for the community. Lead the talent identification and development activities across the community
o Lead and co-ordinate the overall approach to engagement and enablement improvement with the Viewpoint reps and leaders in the Community
o Drive the business requirements for internal communications to teams within the community and the wider Society, working with Internal Comms partners to deliver a high impact, engaged culture that engages the community teams ensuring consistent outcomes.
To support you in delivering these objectives you will manage a cross functional team of c15.