Informatica Platform Administrator
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/07/2018
- Ref R001900506
- An Informatica Platform Administrator at our head offices in Swindon
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent 35 hour per week contract.
- Please send in your application by 15th May 2018.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic person with a strong technical knowledge of Informatica and Linux platforms. We are taking on the management of the of a new enterprise scale Big Data platform, and this is a unique opportunity to help shape this new platform at Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
You will be an experienced Informatica Platform Administrator, with a proven track record of supporting tuning, maintenance, monitoring and securing the Informatica platform. You will have a full appreciation of Informatica as both an ETL and Data Governance platform. You will have excellent communication skills, be used to dealing with projects, and be able to clearly articulate risks and issues. You will be very motivated and ready to take on a lead technical role within projects.
As a minimum requirement, you will have experience of:
- Informatica 10.x (DQ, ETL/ELT, BDM)
- Information Metadata Manager/EIC and managing metadata models.
- High Availability, GRID techniques
- Linux administration and scripting
- Push Down Optimisation
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Security and Kerberos/LDAP integration
- Informatica Code Deployments
- Integration with Hadoop and Data Warehouses
- Upgrades and Patching Informatica
It would be nice if you also had experience of:
- Teradata Database support on TD 15.10
- Informatica Master Data Manager
- Enterprise Information Catalogue
- Oracle RBDMS and WebLogic
- Control-M integration with Informatica
- Informatica Test Data Manager (TDM) – masking and sub-setting
- Continuous Integration – GIT, Jenkins
What you'll be doing
As part of our Infrastructure Development Database team, you will responsible for the management and support of our non-production Informatica environments. This will include promoting change through to our production environments.
You will have a key role to play in the design, build and test of new solutions on our Informatica platform that forms a key part of our management information services. You will also be expected to provide secondary support to our Teradata and Hadoop platforms. Training will be provided.
The ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues will be vital and you will be expected to provide in depth technical advice to other areas of the business. You may be expected to line manage more junior members of the team, and assist with their ongoing development.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme