Infrastructure Service Lead
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/05/2018
- Ref R001900524
- An Infrastructure Service Lead, within our Hosting - Enterprise Servers team, based in our head offices in Swindon
- Salary £50,337 - Circa £72,709 per year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, 35 hour week, contract.
- Please send in your application by 31st May 2018
We have an opportunity for an Infrastructure Service Lead to help lead, develop and enhance the proactive support capability for our data platform, comprising Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, Oracle, Cassandra and NoSQL. This is a senior role within the team to focus upon guiding the technology platforms to align with the strategic direction of the wider IT and business functions.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll:
- Have a demonstrable experience in one or more of the following infrastructure technologies;
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Azure SQL
- Experience of leading a team of technical specialists
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
Exposure to NoSQL or Cassandra
What you'll be doing
The Infrastructure Service Lead will lead and develop a proactive support capability for the Data platform working with their team to shape, plan and deliver initiatives to optimise and improve the production database platform across a mix of database technologies.
It will be your job to act as the senior SME across the range of database products, interpreting strategy into technical roadmaps and acting as the technical escalation point for major incidents. You’ll ensure projects design fit for purpose solutions and that these are suitably transitioned into support as smoothly as possible.
You will be part of the Enterprise Servers management team ensuring that the proactive work is prioritised to deliver value to Nationwide and balanced with the needs of the wider team to respond to Incidents, Change and Service Requests.
The role will include line management of a team of technology professionals and may include out of hours working, where appropriate.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme