Infrastructure Technical Specialist (Infrastructure Service Lead)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/05/2018
- Ref R001900512
- An Infrastructure Technical Specialist (Infrastructure Service Lead), within our Enterprise Data Management function, based in our head offices in Swindon
- Salary £50,337 - Circa £65,000 per year (depending on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, 35 hour week, contract.
- Please send in your application by 31st May 2018
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Infrastructure Service Lead to help lead, develop and enhance a true service based focus within the Enterprise Data Management function, comprising Storage, Backup, Batch and Systems Management technologies. This is a senior role within the team to focus upon guiding the technology platforms to align with the strategic direction of the wider IT and business functions.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Subject Matter Expert to lead the technology and service focus across multiple platforms within the Enterprise Data Management team in Hosting Services. This will include delivering 2nd line support, roadmap management and a true continual service improvement approach across a range of Storage, Backup, Batch and Systems Management technologies by working and collaborating with other technology area SME’s.
As a minimum requirement you'll:
Have a demonstrable experience in one or more of the following infrastructure technologies;
- Dell EMC
- Have true passion for delivering excellent service.
What you'll be doing
The Infrastructure Service Lead will embed a consistent service-first approach, taking responsibility to ensure the infrastructure landscape within the EDM team (and beyond) runs to optimal efficiency and security, whilst controlling expenditure and maximizing service levels to users.
It will be your job to act as the senior SME across a range of products, interpreting strategy into technical roadmaps and acting as the technical escalation point for major incidents. You’ll ensure projects design fit for purpose solutions and that these are suitably transitioned into support as smoothly as possible.
In addition, it will be your responsibility to ensure the silent running and evolution of the services running on these technologies is best in class, including everything from security to capacity forecasting, through to decommissioning at the end of service life.
The role will include line management of a team of technology professionals and may include out of hours working, where appropriate.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme