Secretary to Director of IT Service Management - Part Time 18 hours per week
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 18/11/2018
- Ref R001900675
• A Secretary to Executive, based at our head offices in Swindon
• Salary £19,000 - £28,000 (pro rata and dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, 18 hours a week contract
• Please send in your application by 18th November 2018
If you’re looking for a challenging but rewarding role which can take you places, this could be the perfect stepping stone for you.
This is an opportunity for someone who is full of enthusiasm and has a ‘can do’ approach.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who takes great pride in their work. Comfortable taking responsibility for a high level of service, you will be used to working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You will be diligent, trustworthy and discreet.
As a minimum requirement you'll:
- Have previous secretarial or generalist administrative experience and ideally, already be working in a similar role
- Have outstanding time management, planning and organisational skills, including experience in diary management and providing support for events
- Be a confident communicator with the ability to be calm, clear and precise enabling you to liaise with manager’s at the most senior levels across the society
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about your work, you’ll also have exceptional IT Microsoft skills
- Be comfortable with taking responsibility for a high level of service and used to working to deadlines
- Be trustworthy, diligent, discreet and confidential at all times
- Be able to pro-actively identify needs and deliver them as second nature
- Have exceptional networking capability and be able to anticipate and solve challenging logistical and practical problems.
What you'll be doing
Your time will be spent supporting a executives in our Operations & Delivery community. This is a fast-paced, challenging environment.
You’ll be a resourceful individual who approaches their work in a proactive way, anticipating outcomes and preparing for the consequences ahead of time. You will regularly communicate with colleagues at every level within the organisation and so it is important that you build up good working relationships across the business.
As well as supporting the senior executive and members of her senior management team with secretarial support, you’ll also assist with administrative activities critical to the operation of their specialist teams and make a proactive contribution to the Community. Whether you’re managing diaries, attending meetings, preparing support material for key committees or supporting your colleagues, we’ll expect you to offer fresh ideas, use your initiative and fully immerse yourself in every challenge.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme