Security Solution Architect
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/10/2018
- Ref R001900627
We’re looking for a number of Security Solution Architects to help us define and deliver the security architecture we require in the digital age.
- Based at our Head Office in Swindon, although other Nationwide locations may be considered
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hour per week, contract
- Flexibility to work from home for up to two days per week – dependent on delivery pressures
- As a significant investor in IT, there will be opportunities to work with suppliers and technology at the cutting-edge of cyber security
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society, one of the largest savings providers and one of the top three mortgages providers in the UK. At Nationwide our values are underpinned by the need to put our customers first. This is a driving force in every area of our business, making it an essential requirement if you’d like to work for us.
IT Strategy and Architecture is a vibrant and growing department within the Operations and Delivery community of Nationwide with a challenging mandate to architect and ensure the delivery of effective, manageable, innovative and pragmatic solutions across a range of portfolios for business and technology transformation.
Who we're looking for
The successful applicant will be a credible person armed with both a depth and breadth of experience in security solution architecture. The applicant must also be able to demonstrate the use of appropriate architecture frameworks and relevant methodologies in order to successfully deliver technology and change as a Solution Architect.
In addition to demonstrated stakeholder management and influencing skills up to the senior executive level, the successful applicant will also exhibit exemplary communication and collaboration skills. At Nationwide, Solution Architects are expected to have the drive to develop both themselves and their colleagues, as well as helping to evolve the architectural function within Nationwide.
The applicant will have the ability and desire to quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities and benefits of new operating models and technologies.
The successful applicant will have:
- A strong ability to extract architecture and design requirements from business needs when the latter maybe poorly defined and associated stakeholders have limited or no understanding of Architecture.
- Experience designing, developing and deploying enterprise security solutions with exposure to multiple software vendors and technology platforms.
- A strong understanding of the current threat landscape as well as the security architecture domain including best practices, existing and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of professional software development life cycle practices including coding standards, code reviews, etc.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure, layer 2 and 3 networking, including traffic shaping and security architecture concepts.
- Experience with data and application integration issues, associated tools and solutions.
- Demonstrated the ability to prepare and deliver presentations to executives on architectural approaches to gain consensus, as well as the ability to communicate complex information and requirements to non-technical audiences.
It would also be desirable for the successful candidate to have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrable experience of Cloud Security, Multi-factor authentication, SIEM, DDoS, NAC, Identity and Access Management, Data Loss Prevention, etc.
- Experience of threat modelling including behaviour analysis, security control identification and vulnerability assessment.
- Proven experience with driving formal product evaluations and selection as a lead architect.
- Implementation and architecture experience with off-the-shelf, customizing, and solution build projects.
- Experience delivering security solutions such as designing, planning and implementing data tokenization, encryption, key management, etc.
- Ideally a relevant security qualification such as CISSP-ISSAP, CRTSA, CISSP, CEH, GCIA, SSCP, CCNA/CCNP Security, CESG Certified Professional IA Architect or equivalent experience, along with TOGAF, SABSA or equivalent experience.
What you'll be doing
Working within our IT Strategy and Architecture team, the successful applicant will be accountable for defining the security architecture solutions for major programmes and projects.
Armed with up to date industry knowledge the Security Solution Architect will manage the resolution of architecture risks and issues, dependencies and impacts to minimise risk, whilst identifying continual enhancement to existing processes.
This is a high profile role and a Security Solution Architect is expected to support the delivery of security solutions in a challenging, fast pace project delivery environment.
Specifically, a Security Solution Architect is required to:
- Work closely with other architects to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for the security architecture function.
- Ensure solution integrity throughout the change lifecycle on projects and programmes
- Ensure that all solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete and align with maturing security strategies and standards
- Support our significant transformation agenda including a major cyber security programme and our digital roadmap
- Support our procurement process to identify and evaluate solution suppliers and future partners
- Work closely with our suppliers / partners to support the development of solutions and to also help inform the on going development of our security roadmap
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme