Senior Network Engineer
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/12/2018
- Ref R001900783
- A Senior Network Engineer (Infrastructure Service Lead) in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary £50,000 - £73,000 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) based on a permanent, 35 hour a week, contract.
- Please send in your application by 31/12/2018
We are looking for highly experienced engineers with solid networking background to technically lead and inspire a rapidly expanding team which is supporting our business by delivering innovative networking solutions.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have an engineering or computing degree ( or equivalent business experience) with recent switching, routing, security and network management skills.
- Ideally work for a large enterprise with experience in support, design and architecture as well as working with on and offshore outsourcers.
- Have skills which are developed enough to mentor and coach a team in at least 2 of the following technologies - ACI, Cloud, Firewall and Content Security, Network Management, Linux, Routing and Switching CCNA/CCNP, Wireless.
- Be an approachable team leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Design and support experience of: F5 LTM, GTM and ASM
- Microfocus NOM Suite, Skybox, Stealthwatch, Splunk
- Linux System Management, Python Scripting and Ansible.
- Cisco ISE, NAC
- Cisco ASA, FTD, Juniper SRX
- McAfee, Bluecoat and Cisco WSA Proxies
What you'll be doing
You will be technically leading one of our network support teams providing hands on coaching and leadership for your area. Your goal is to prevent incidents occurring, but when the worst happens, restore service in the most pragmatic and efficient way. As well as excellent technical skills you will be required to line manage and coach staff.
You will have a small but highly skilled team working for you, complemented by outsourced resources. Governance is an important part of this role and you will need to be comfortable to both perform reviews and be audited. You will be part of an on-call rota (never more than 1 week in 4).
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme