Solution Architect - Customer Relationships
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 16/01/2019
- Ref R001900771
- A Solution Architect - Customer Relationships, to work in our head offices in Swindon
- Salary £50,000 - £73,000a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) based on a permanent, 35 hour week, contract.
- Please send in your application by 16th January 2019
Nationwide employs a mix of bespoke-developed and commercial off the shelf solutions to deliver its ‘core systems’ capability, but the landscape has evolved organically, and needs to be simplified and standardised to support business growth and service efficiency, and to reduce technical debt.
Who we're looking for
With the recently announced £4.1bn investment in IT and change over five years, we are moving at pace to transform and modernise our IT estate. This includes changes such as introducing cloud solutions and simplifying our infrastructure topology to a set of best-of-breed, industry leading strategic capabilities, to realise the benefits of a simplified and reusable IT estate. Through adopting industry standards and best practices, we will increase product launch agility and operational resilience, and provide rich configurable functionality and services, to enable our member propositions.
Attracting, onboarding, and retaining members through superb service is a core tenet of Nationwide’s existence. Nationwide’s IT Strategy and Architecture team are engaged with the Society’s business leader in redefining the vision for member engagement. This includes understanding how technology can make a key difference for our members and for Nationwide staff. The vision will support both branch and contact centre and our digital channels (internet and mobile). The right individual will be able to make a real difference to the IT strategy and roadmap for the Society.
We need someone with the ability to create the enterprise and solution architectures for this domain and then to assure its implementation through programmes and projects.
As a minimum requirement:
• Previous experience in creating enterprise and solution architectures related to customer strategies, CRM, or similar
• Experience of work in prototyping ideas or supporting a proof of concept either as an architect or a senior designer
• Strong communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels, with proven credibility with senior architects and programme directors
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills including knowledge of components of the relevant Architectures and vendor offerings; knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes; ability to evaluate multiple Architectural solutions to business problems
• Ability to create fully formed end to end solutions for complex large-scale organisation
• Qualification in computing or business-related discipline or equivalent industry experience
Other essential experience:
• Prioritising and responding to business and technology strategies and priorities
• Experience across the TOGAF domains.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience in financial services though perspectives from other industries or segments would also be welcomed
• Experience of one or more offerings from a major CRM vendor
• Knowledge of master data management
What you'll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, developing the vision, roadmaps and transition states to move from the current to the target architecture for engagement with Nationwide members and prospective members. You will be engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors and partners, in addition to key programmes and projects to provide oversight, direction and expertise, and to maintain alignment with the target architecture.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme