Storage Support Lead
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 24/09/2018
- Ref R001900649
• Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
• Salary Market Anchor £47,078
• Contract type Permanent & Full Time
The Enterprise Data Management function within Hosting Services provides 2nd line proactive and reactive technical support services for Nationwide’s IT infrastructure.
Using various storage and backup support technologies, the team are responsible for production support, defining and delivering automation enhancements, liaison with other technical support teams, software vendors and business users, along with the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
This specific role will take responsibility for the support of multiple storage and backup platforms, to include provisioning, expansions, reclamation management and disaster recovery testing alongside core incident, request and change management activities.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll:
• Have experience in a similar enterprise storage support role
• Have demonstrable knowledge of configuring and managing storage arrays.
• Have experience in the storage technologies currently in use by Nationwide include Dell EMC (VMAX, VNX, VPLEX, Data Domain, Centera, CTA, Isilon); IBM (DS8000); Cisco (MDS); and Oracle (SL8500, ACSLS).
• You must be a team player with excellent communication skills, willing to work with other IT teams, internal users and partners and to deliver against defined service levels and business expectations.
It would be nice if:
• You had experience of technologies such as NetBackup, VCS, Data Insight, OnCommand Insight and QFS.
• In addition, this role will include line management of a small team so experience in this area would also be advantageous.
What you'll be doing
It will be your job to help support and evolve Nationwide’s storage infrastructure estate through a mixture of proactive and reactive support, upgrades, provisioning and performing essential maintenance tasks.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a degree of out-of-hours working required and after a qualifying period, you will also be expected to take part in an on-call support rota of approximately one week in four.
As a team, we collaborate and work closely with our technology partners and the business to ensure releases, maintenance and upgrades are delivered on time, whilst protecting service and the customer experience.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.