Digital Technical Architect
- Location Swindon, Northampton, Bournemouth, London, England
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/03/2018
- Ref R001900234
• A number of Digital Technical Architects, based in one of our offices in Swindon.
• Salary is negotiable (dependent on skills, experience and current package)
• Permanent opportunity, 35 hours a week
• Relocation may be supported
We are looking for Digital Technical Architects, across several areas, who can play a key part in designing Nationwide’s current and future platforms. These include designing mobile, tablet and wearable banking applications as well as point of sale, branch and contact centre systems.
Who we're looking for
At Nationwide we believe in putting our members’ needs first. And, are looking for individuals who are up-to-date with the latest developments in their fields and who strive to improve member experience through industry leading design, technical excellence and best practice.
Are you experienced working for an organisation that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives? Are you used to working in a challenging environment and can react with pace to changing demands?
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
• Have up to date knowledge of Mobile technologies and Service Oriented Architectures
• Have experience in leading teams including task management & mentoring
• Be able to work (where required) with the business, defining their requirements
It would be nice if you also had:
• Demonstrable expertise in modern mobile development, architectures and best practices
• Worked extensively using design patterns including MVC and MVVM
• Experience with Responsive Web Design
• Experience in designing and developing SOA solutions using both REST & SOAP protocols
• Experience with Microservices and Cloud computing – desirable
• Experience with C#, ASP.net MVC, WCF, WebAPI – desirable
• Experience with Continuous Integration and DevOps
• Good knowledge of Agile methodologies, and experience in working within SCRUM development teams
• Experience of UML and UML design tools such as Rational Software Architect – desirable
• Experience of native application development for iOS, Android or WP10 – desirable
• The ability to lead peer review processes and best practices
• Experience with Team Foundation Server/Jenkins – desirable
What you'll be doing
The Nationwide Digital Roadmap forms the core piece of Nationwide’s corporate objectives. Digital interactions are increasingly becoming the primary way many of our members interact with the society. As a Digital Technical Architect, you will play a key role in delivering our digital roadmap to our members and will have the opportunity to design systems used by millions on a daily basis and featured in national media campaigns. You will get the opportunity to work with the most up-to-date mobile application technologies and work with teams around the world to deliver changes to our members.
You’ll be a recognised expert and task leader who is responsible for the delivery of technical solutions within an assigned area. You will provide consultancy and support services as required.
Key Accountabilities will include:
• Task leadership within an assigned domain
• Produce and review designs and technical requirements across all environments
• Produce and validate estimates and quotes
• Review business requirements, code, test strategies, warranty plans and other artefacts with accountability for the traceability of business requirements
• Provide consultancy, system support and service introduction support to Application Services
• Provide test support
• Build working relationships internally and with associated strategic partners
• Carry out technical quality reviews of strategic partner deliverables
• Help to drive continuous improvements across your assigned domain and within the Technical Practice
• Help to develop trainees and transfer specialist technical experience
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career.
• Pension scheme whereby if you pay 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme