Middleware Technical Architect
- Location Swindon, Northampton, Bournemouth, London, England
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/03/2018
- Ref R001900236
• A number of Middleware Technical Architects, based in one of our Swindon offices (Relocation may be supported)
• Salary is negotiable (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, 35 hours a week, contract
• Please submit your application by 31st March 2018.
We are looking for a number of IT professionals with experience in a service, data or process integration design role in the enterprise middleware domain.
Given business requirements and outline architectures, you will join a team responsible for designing the solutions, creating high level and functional specifications and quality assuring partner system development.
Who we're looking for
At Nationwide we believe in putting our members’ needs first and are looking for individuals up-to-date with the latest developments in their fields, who strive to improve member experience through industry leading design, technical excellence and best practice.
Are you experienced working for an organisation that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives? Are you used to working in a challenging environment and can react with pace to changing demands?
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
• Be experienced working with both onshore & offshore resources
• Well-developed negotiation & facilitation skills
• Possess up to date knowledge (hands-on experience) of Service Oriented Architecture technologies and methods
• Have extensive experience designing performant, scalable & secure middleware solutions
• Have experience in task management & mentoring
• Where required, able to work with the business defining their requirements
It would be nice if you also had:
• Extensive experience of Solution / Integration Design across multiple platforms and technologies including IIB, BPM, ODM, MQ, and Datapower.
• Experience of working in the Financial Services industry
• Experience of the banking specific business model Information Framework (IFW)
• Experience of Application development in Websphere technologies
• Experience of SoftwareAG products – ARIS and Centrasite
In addition to the above, you will also have proven Domain Knowledge and Experience in at least one of the three following disciplines:
• Extensive experience of real time systems integration and Service Oriented Architecture
• Design experience (hands-on) using two of the following IBM Websphere technologies including Integration Bus, MQ, BPM, ODM and DataPower
• Experience of the Rational Design product portfolio, Rational Software Architect and Rational Team Concert.
• Experience of Designing Enterprise Middleware solutions
• Experience of integration across a broad range of technologies particularly including Microsoft, SAP, and Unisys, plus cloud hosted services
• Knowledge of WCF, WSDL, REST, SOAP
• Experience of translating System Use Case and Analysis Process Models into architecturally aligned Orchestration Process Models
• Experience of Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN/BPEL)
• Experience of Technical Analysis role
• Experience of IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) / Operational Decision Management (ODM) are an advantage
• Knowledge of the Rational Design product portfolio, specifically Rational Software Architect and Rational Team Concert.
• Practical knowledge and experience of working with canonical data models and their integration with multiple Systems of record (specifically within the Banking and Financial Services sectors).
• Knowledge of Message driven Service Modelling
• Knowledge of Process Modelling, Business Processes and Technical Workflow
• Experience in data modelling metadata, master data and data quality
• Object Oriented modelling, deep UML and SOA Service knowledge, SoaML
• Experience of the Rational Design product portfolio, specifically Rational Software Architect and specifically Rational Team Concert.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be a recognised expert and task leader who is responsible for the delivery of technical solutions within an assigned area. You will provide consultancy and support services as required.
Key Accountabilities will include:
• Task leadership within an assigned domain
• Produce and review designs and technical requirements across all environments
• Produce and validate estimates and quotes
• Review business requirements, test strategies, warranty plans and other artefacts with accountability for the traceability of business requirements
• Provide consultancy, system support and service introduction support to Application Services
• Provide test support
• Build working relationships internally and with associated strategic partners
• Carry out technical quality reviews of strategic partner deliverables
• Help to drive continuous improvements across your assigned domain and within the Technical Practice
• Help to develop trainees and transfer specialist technical experience
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career.
• Pension scheme whereby if you pay 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme