- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/03/2018
- Ref R001900235
- A number of Payments Technical Architects/Engineers, based at our Head Offices in Swindon
- Salary: Negotiable (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), plus excellent benefits.
- Permanent opportunity, 35 hours per week
- Please send in your application by 31st March 2018
Nationwide’s Payments landscape is about to undergo major architectural transformation and re-engineering as we embark on a programme to introduce open banking and set ourselves up to service the anticipated explosion in payments traffic. Using dev ops and exploitation of cloud based technologies will be essential in providing our customers with world class customer service.
Increasing performance and resilience is paramount to our strategy in providing a 24/7 platform to our customers. In addition, increased regulatory change, combined with higher cadence of business change requires us to provide increased flexibility in the design and implementation of our front line systems.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a number of Payments Technical Architects who can play a key part in designing Nationwide’s current and future Payments Platform. These roles will involve designing complex integration solutions across Windows, Unix, BizTalk and cloud based technologies.
At Nationwide we believe in putting our members’ needs first and are looking for individuals up-to-date with the latest developments in their fields, who strive to improve member experience through industry leading design, technical excellence and best practice.
You’ll have experience working for an organisation that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives. You might currently be a systems developer or technical analyst working as a systems engineer or technical architect. Ideally with a background in financial services, with exposure to payments systems and card based environments, but key to this is your ability to work at pace in a challenging environment.
As a minimum requirement you'll have:
• Experience in designing complex integration solutions
• Experience in non-functional design with particular emphasis on resilience, security and performance
• A background in design
It would be desirable if you also had:
• A background in development
• Experience in designing solutions for third party development partners
• Familiarity with UML, particularly in the Rational toolset
• Experience of working in Agile/DevOps teams
• Background in Windows/Unix system development is desirable although Nationwide has a very diverse technology landscape
• Background in any of the following… cloud based solutions, web development, SAP, API development, ESB’s, SoA, BizTalk
• Experience in financial systems is desirable though not essential
What you'll be doing
• Have strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
• Early lifecycle involvement working with Architects and Business Analysts helping to shape solutions from the outset of a project
• Production of High Level Designs and/or Detailed Designs, covering functional and non-functional design
• Technical leadership and oversight of detailed analysis & design and subsequent development
• Design consultancy to all disciplines at all stages of the software lifecycle
• Leading and participating in workshops, design walkthroughs and critical design reviews
• Production and reviewing of design and build estimates
• Mentoring and coaching junior members of staff
• Setting standards, authoring design patterns, providing design governance and contributing to process improvement
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career.
• Pension scheme whereby if you pay 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme