Senior Enterprise Architect - Mortgages
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £54,321 - £88,126
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/08/2018
- Ref R001900624
- A number of Senior Enterprise Architects, located in our head offices in Swindon
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) plus status car or alternative cash allowance, based on a permanent, 35 hour week, contract
- Send in your application by 19th August 2018
Nationwide employs a mix of bespoke-developed and commercial off the shelf solutions to deliver its ‘core systems’ capability, but the landscape has evolved organically, and needs to be simplified and standardised to support business growth and service efficiency, and to reduce technical debt.
We are moving at pace to consolidate and transform our IT estate, introduce cloud solutions, and simplify our infrastructure topology to a set of best-of-breed, industry leading strategic capabilities, to realise the benefits of a simplified and reusable IT estate. In adopting industry standards and best practices, this will increase product launch agility, operational resilience and provide rich configurable functionality and services, to enable our member propositions.
Mortgages are the fundamental reason for Nationwide’s existence. IT Strategy and Architecture are engaged with the business domain leaders in redefining the vision for our mortgages proposition, products and customer engagement to embrace 21st century challenges and opportunities of digital technologies, shifting demographics and changing regulation. The right individual will be able to make a real difference to the IT strategy and roadmap for this key business domain.
We need someone with the ability to influence, communicate, and lead the development of the vision, roadmaps and transition states, and to provide assurance of our architecture in this domain.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll have experience in:
- Prioritising and responding to business and technology strategies and priorities
- Developing and implementing technology roadmaps
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of stakeholder engagement and influencing both business and technical stakeholders
- Experience across the TOGAF domains.
You will also have experience in enterprise architecture and technology for sales and servicing of retail products in a Tier 1 financial services organisation, including one or more of the following:
- Mortgage Sales and Originations
- Banking, Savings and Mortgages products
- Core Banking systems
- Bespoke software, commercial off-the-shelf packages, and 3rd party services
It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge of other Retail Banking products (e.g. General Insurance, Credit Cards and Personal Loans)
- Experience of agile and iterative practices for architecture and software development & delivery.
- Experience of event-based architectures, and integration with external suppliers
What you'll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, developing the vision, roadmaps and transition states to move from the current to the target architecture for the sales, servicing, operations and reporting of Nationwide’s Mortgages products. You will be engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors and partners, in addition to key programmes and projects to provide oversight, direction and expertise, and to maintain alignment with the target architecture.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4656