Solution Architect (Security specialist)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/07/2018
- Ref R001900527
At Nationwide, being a progressive organisation means more than simply adopting the newest fintech mantra or jumping on the bandwagon of the latest emerging technology (with the oddest name). We’re the world’s largest building society, using genuinely sophisticated, bespoke systems and platforms to deliver a unique digital experience within the financial sector: an experience defined by our culture and our mutual status, shaped by our collective belief in providing financial services in a way that is agile, accessible, open and inclusive. As a significant investor in IT, we have an Architecture Practice that is vibrant, growing and delivering solutions that are effective, pragmatic, well-governed – creating real opportunities to radically shift how we operate as a business.
Who we're looking for
Nationwide is a complex organisation. The key to your success here will be your ability to understand, engage and deliver. You must have the drive to quickly grasp how our business works, with the stakeholder management skills needed to engage at a senior level and communicate the benefits of new operating models and technologies. Wide-ranging experience of security solution architecture means that you will also have the knowledge to deliver technology and change through established architecture frameworks and methodologies. You must have:
• Experience of designing, developing and deploying security enterprise solutions
• Exposure to multiple software vendors and technology platforms
• Broad understanding of the threat landscape and a strong understanding of infrastructure and security architecture concepts and best practice
• Clear, effective communication and presentation skills
Ideally, you will also have significant experience and at least one security-based qualification or certification; examples include SABSA, CISSP-ISSAP, CRTSA, CISSP, CEH, GCIA, CESG Certified.
What you'll be doing
You will define the security architecture solutions for major programmes and projects, helping to minimise risk, resolve architecture issues and dependencies, and drive continual enhancement to existing processes. It’s an opportunity to impact at a senior level, so you must have the vision to see beyond the next projects and understand the wider transformation agenda. You must be highly collaborative, capable of working through the project lifecycle to ensure that all solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete and in alignment with our maturing security strategies and standards
The extras you'll get
Building a society means giving everybody at Nationwide the opportunity to build their career and to find the right balance with life outside work. We aim to ensure that everyone, in every role, feels valued, recognised and rewarded. As part of our team, you will receive:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
We’d love it if you joined our society. Click apply today and send us your CV to take the first step towards building society, nationwide.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.