- Location Optimus, South West England
- Salary £23,341 - £33,714
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/05/2018
- Ref R001900473
- A Technical Developer based in Optimus, Swindon
- salary: market anchor £25,934 (dependent on experience and skills)
- This is a permanent full-time position
You will play a lead role in the Operations and Delivery (IT Change) IT Configuration team.
We are looking for someone to manage and complete BAU change requests relating to Operations & Delivery and Relationships & Distribution workflow systems. You’ll work closely with Operational teams to configure workflow to meet business needs and act as a specialist / point of contact for queries and support. You will develop and support where necessary, End User Computer (EUC) solutions in various technologies to support the operational department.
Please Note: this role will require you to work a 0700 to 1500 shift as part of a team rota to manage Business operations, typically one in every four weeks, for the full week. This is dependent on business needs and team resourcing.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum:
- Someone with VBA, MS Excel and MS Access knowledge
- Good communication skills; both written and verbally
- Good at influencing and have good networking skills
- A high level of analytical skills, able to turn meaningful analysis into recommended actions.
- Strong problem solving and investigative skills, and the ability to provide simple, easy to support technical solutions
It would be nice if you also had:
- VB.net / MS Visual Studio knowledge
- SQL knowledge
- Someone with QL, EG, AOM and iForm knowledge
What you'll be doing
- Carrying out BAU change requests on workflow systems with complete ownership, managing within our SLA whilst following our Governance Framework
- Supporting the business with running scheduled tasks
- Supporting and advising the Operational Teams on the art of the possible
- Keeping the stakeholders fully updated throughout change use of appropriate communication methods
- Develop EUC solutions in line with defined requirements in technologies such as MS Excel, MS Access and Visual Basic
- Ensure the department achieves continuous improvement, by assessment of success and/or failure rates, working with the team to learn from mistakes.
- Ensure any EUCs implemented are done so in a risk adverse manner, following our team development framework and registration process.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out, so, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.