- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £34,960 - £50,497
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/05/2018
- Ref R001900554
- A Technical Specialist, within our Technical Practice (Finance and HR Development Centre), located in one of our Swindon offices
- Salary £34,960 - £50,497 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration)based on a permanent, 35 hours a week, contract
- Please send in your application by 23rd May 2018
We are looking for an IT professional to work for the Technical Practice in the heart of the Finance and HR Development Centre, focusing on solution assurance, governance and validation of technical designs to support projects and programmes across the whole of Nationwide.
You will join a team who, given business requirements and outline architectures, are responsible for designing solutions and creating high level and functional specifications. You’ll be expected to ensure that designs have met the business requirements and adhere to Architectural design policies and principals. You’ll also be expected to advise, support and quality-assure tasks and activities undertaken by our development and system testing partners.
Who we're looking for
At Nationwide we believe in putting our members’ needs first, and are looking for individuals who like to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in their fields, and who strive to improve member experience through industry-leading design, technical excellence and best practice.
You’ll have experience working for an organisation that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives as well as being used to working in a challenging environment and with a high demand portfolio.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills, effective at all levels
- Experience of working with both onshore and offshore resources
- Well developed negotiation and facilitation skills
- Experience of task management & mentoring
- A track record of working with business stakeholders to refine their requirements
Knowledge and experience of the following domains would be an advantage but is not essential:
- Analysis, design, development and implementation of IT solutions for an enterprise Human Resources division or enterprise-wide accounting and ledger platforms.
- Knowledge and/or implementation experience of one of the following Oracle products: PeopleSoft HCM, PeopleSoft CRM, PeopleSoft Global Payroll, PeopleSoft Purchasing, PeopleSoft General Ledger, PeopleSoft Payables, Hyperion, Fusion Talent, Fusion Analytics
What you'll be doing
The Nationwide Strategic Roadmap forms the core piece of Nationwide’s corporate objectives. As a Technical Specialist, you will play a key role in delivering strategic change on the Finance and Human Resources platforms that will positively impact both internal and external customers, and in doing so you will get the opportunity to work with strategic suppliers and teams within and external to Nationwide.
Key Accountabilities will include:
• Task leadership within an assigned domain
• Produce and review designs and technical requirements across all environments
• Produce and validate estimates and quotes
• Review business requirements, code, warranty plans and other artefacts with accountability for the traceability of business requirements
• Provide consultancy, system support and service introduction support to Application Services
• Provide test support
• Carry out technical quality reviews of strategic partner deliverables
• Help to drive continuous improvements across your assigned domain and within the Technical Practice
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme