Business Solution Architect
- Location Swindon, Northampton, Bournemouth, London, UK Wide
- £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/03/2018
- Ref R002300112
• A Business Solution Architect, based at our Head Offices in Swindon or Threadneedle Street, LondonCompetitive Salary
• Send in your application by Friday 16th March 2017
Nationwide is dedicated to delivering change that is cost-effective, future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives. To ensure that our systems, data and business processes are migrated to the target state in a robust manner, it is important to accurately define our solution architecture and assure the integrity of the solution throughout its lifecycle.
The Transformation Architecture Practice is a growing team with a challenging mandate to lead the development and implementation of end-to-end solution designs. Business Architecture plays a key role as part of this team, ensuring that future operating model design enables delivery of our change programmes and therefore our business strategy.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a credible individual who is armed with widespread experience of business solution architecture and have used architecture frameworks and methods to successfully deliver change..
With demonstrable stakeholder management and influencing skills up to the senior executive level, you’ll also exhibit exemplary behaviours in communication and collaboration, along with a drive to develop both yourself and your colleagues and evolve the function and ways of working.
You’ll have the ability and desire to quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities and benefits of new operating models and technologies in order to design future solutions.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
• A robust grasp of architectural thinking, customer journey-centric design and governance
• A proven track record of architecting and delivering customer and business change via Target Operating Models and other solution designs
• The ability to design solutions that provide optimal business and customer outcomes, whilst maintaining the required commercial and strategic focus
• The ability to quickly gain an understanding of our developing business roadmaps and operating models
• Experience in creating high quality design documentation for review and presentation to key stakeholders and review boards
• Been responsible for navigating solution architecture governance and provided design assurance throughout the project lifecycle
It would also be nice if you have:
• Experience of working in Financial Services, and specifically retail banking
What you'll be doing
You will act as a design authority to ensure the delivered solution is consistent with the approved architecture vision for the programme. Armed with up to date industry knowledge you’ll manage the resolution of Architecture risks and issues, dependencies and impacts to minimise risk, whilst offering continual enhancement to existing processes.
This is a high-profile programme and project delivery role and you’ll be expected to deliver successful solutions as part of challenging projects within aggressive timelines.
Specifically, you’ll be required to:
• Be the recognised business architecture lead for a specific business domain
• Work closely with our Technology Architects to develop and deliver the Solution Architecture thereby enabling further detailed design by our Technical Practice and Development Centres
• Lead end to end business Architecture/design on a variety of projects on behalf of the Architecture function
• Ensure Solution integrity throughout the change lifecycle (as per the defined Change Framework) on projects and programmes.
• Ensure that all solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete and meet the current and future needs of the business
• Provide specialist consultancy and advice on complex business change options and their associated trade offs
• Personal drive to understand the bigger picture and contribute to and shape the current and future business capability
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• As part of the team you’ll get:
Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme