Delivery Lead - Regulated Advice
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/11/2018
- Ref R000503323
Delivery Lead – Regulated Advice
Competitive Senior Executive Package
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? One in five people in the UK are our members and last year more people opened a current account with the Society than with any other brand!
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members and Building Society...
With significant investment, we’re focused on driving change that’s delivered ‘at pace’, is future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives and we’ll do this through our people.
And that’s where you come in…
As the Delivery Lead for the Regulated Advice Squad, you’ll play a key role in transforming our guidance and advice capability, across Wealth, Investments, Protection, ‘Later life’ products and Nationwide’s wider product range, enabling us to better serve our 15 million members. This a unique opportunity to lead and shape our journey and deliver complex change initiatives, deploying new solutions, technologies and capabilities with far reaching, positive impacts across the Society and ultimately member experience!
As part of the Squad leadership team, you’ll be empowered to balance the desired outcomes from the roadmap against delivery priorities, capacity and cost. You’ll be accountable for the delivery of strategically aligned outcomes, objectives and key results to maximise value and velocity. We’ll also need you to inspire and lead a team of expert change makers to effectively deliver the Squad’s outcomes and champion a culture of accountable freedom and excellence.
Who we're looking for
It goes without saying that you’ll have vast knowledge and experience in the leadership and management of large complex change initiatives, with a deep knowledge of different change methodologies.
It would be hugely beneficial if you have a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering heavily regulated Change Programmes and Projects within the ‘Wealth’ sector and across Sales journeys more broadly. Experience of digital, different delivery methods include Agile and managing strategic partners and vendors would also be extremely advantageous.
In addition, we’ll need you to be externally focused, with the ability to interpret external drivers (market conditions, competitor activity, emerging trends, consumer behaviour, Regulatory demands) and align these to the organisational strategy, translating into a product and proposition vision and robust change delivery plans.
You’ll possess outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture and lead a high performing team, often through ambiguity. You’ll have the credibility and gravitas to influence, manage challenges and maintain relationships at an executive level including Executive Committee (ExCo)/CEO.
What you'll be doing
- Creating the high-level Squad outcomes aligned to the Society Strategy with the Accountable Executive and Squad leadership team (typically Chief Product Owner and Technology Lead).
- Creating the Squad’s delivery plan(s) that maximise return on investment and pace of delivery to underpin the desired outcomes in the form of a roadmap.
- Proactively engaging with leaders across other Squads, to leverage the support required to deliver your Squad’s outcomes, ensuring they do not duplicate, conflict and understanding key dependencies with other Change Squads.
- Collaborating with Leadership teams from supporting Centres of Excellence and BAU Shared Services to gain support for the delivery of the Squad’s outcomes. Creating the Quarterly Review (QR) memo in collaboration with your Squad colleagues and team to present to the Quarterly Review and interlock forums chaired by the CEO and ExCo members.
- Setting the appropriate delivery methodologies in conjunction with the Technology Lead and Chief Product Owner.
- Lead on delivery related decisions to maintain pace against agreed priorities and schedule
- Leading multiple teams within the Change Squad, creating an atmosphere of confidence and accountable freedom to enable delivery of the solutions that realise Squad outcomes.
- Developing and maintaining strategic, commercial and operational relationships with Strategic Partners, managing any associated confidentiality or legal sensitivities
The extras you'll get
As well as your salary, additional benefits include:
- 30 days’ holiday (on top of bank holidays)
- Exec Car/cash allowance
- Competitive pension or cash alternative
- Private healthcare for your family plus executive health screening every 2 years
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme ‘Sharing in Success’ - our Society-wide, all employee variable pay plan
- Flexible benefits