Operational Support Analysts - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 19/11/2018
- Ref R001900737
- A number of Operational Support Analysts to join the new Cloud Governance Team based in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary £25,000 to £36,000 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) based on a 12-month , 35 hour week, Fixed Term Contract.
- Please send in your application by 19th November 2019
Nationwide is going into the cloud, this will enable us to develop better services for members and improve the pace at which we can make those services available.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for dedicated, dynamic and forward-thinking Operational Analysts to join the newly formed Cloud Governance Team. People with a keen eye for detail and excellent planning and organisation skills, to work in a fast-paced changing and regulated environment.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Able to analyse data, make recommendations and draw conclusions
- Strong attention to detail and quality check
- Have experience of using Microsoft Office
- Able to work with minimal supervision to tight deadlines, managing time to meet deadlines
- Be exceptional at planning and organising
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, communicate and build relationships and manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Be a good communicator that can work well in a team
- Can innovate and drive continuous efficiency improvements
It would be nice but is not essential if you also had knowledge of:
- Society Cloud Strategy
- Cloud Computing service models
- Cloud Service Providers
- Financial Services regulations
- Risk and/or Compliance
What you'll be doing
Governance and ensuring the Right Services in the Right place is fundamental to the Society objective of Safely and Securely using Cloud Services. The Could Governance team will;
- Manage the process of governing Cloud use cases to ensure appropriate due diligence
- Maintain the register (metrics) of all approved use cases via the Cloud tracker
- Maintain control and visibility of the Cloud Governance pipeline
- Engage with the relevant KCFs on delivering the process and its improvements
- Work with Architecture to manage a retrospective review of Cloud deployments
- Feedback leaning and improvements from the process
Reporting to an Operations Manager in the Chief Technology Office, within Operations & Delivery, you’ll have responsibility for the maintenance and improvement of the Cloud Governance process supporting the Architecture Lead by reviewing our existing Cloud estate to:
- understand what Cloud services we have in Nationwide Building Society
- ensure all Cloud services are captured and reported correctly to the relevant governing bodies
- take all use cases through the appropriate Cloud governance process
You’ll also manage the day to day Cloud governance process which includes:
- handling queries
- tracking and metrics
- use case submission
- escalation process
• Assist in the reporting and Management Information for Board IT & Resilience Committee and the Executive committee (Exco).
• Liaison with Vendor Management and Risk Team
• Set up and manage meetings, as required
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme