Senior Business Architect
- Location Swindon, Northampton, Bournemouth, London, UK Wide
- Salary £53,694 - £87,253
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/04/2018
- Ref R002300109
A Senior Business Architect
If you need any further information related to this vacancy, please contact the Resourcing Manager Daniel Wilson.
As a building society, we always put our members first. These delivery focused Senior Business Architect roles are pivotal in helping us transform our organisation, so we can continue to serve our members for many years to come and adapt to their ever-changing needs.
We’re running significant business transformation programmes and need your skills as a leader to help influence, communicate and lead the definition, delivery and assurance of architecture solutions at Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
Our Senior Business Architects need to be experienced individuals with the ability take a holistic approach and to galvanise and lead teams to develop the Business Solution.They need to work collaboratively with other architects to ensure that the business and technology solutions align and deliver an End to End Solution Architecture which meets the needs of the business and ultimately our members.
So, what does that look like? We are looking for experienced Business Architects who will take a lead role in overseeing the development and delivery of the end to end business solution design within an agreed domain/portfolio, assuring the integrity and alignment of design both within programmes and more widely across the portfolio. A broad architectural background will be essential - being able to see the bigger picture across your portfolio and the wider enterprise whilst still remaining hands on with solution design and architecture.
You’ll be a motivated established leader, or well on the way and need to show that you can lead and provide direction to an extended team of architects, business analysts, designers and third party resources.
You’ll be respected as a highly-credible architect who has the drive to improve the capability of your domain and to act as a role model for the rest of the Architecture Community. The need to make a difference and influence the decisions the business make will be one of your key drivers.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
- Have a demonstrable track record in either developing business enterprise architecture or leading the development and implementation of business architecture solutions for complex programmes of work alongside leading virtual teams of both internal architects and third party resource
- Have a sound understanding of the Financial Services sector
- Demonstrate strong leadership, influencing and organisational skills
- Be able to build strong, long term stakeholder relationships
- Be an articulate verbal and written communicator, able to translate complexity into robust business solutions
- Have an awareness and/or working knowledge of architecture tools such as Aris and Troux alongside experience of successfully implementing architecture methods (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman)
Whilst you will not be expected to have deep technical knowledge or design the technology solution (since this will be provided by our Technology Architects) you will be expected to understand the technology landscape and the solution being developed alongside all other architecture dimensions (such as people, process and information) in order to ensure that all elements form an aligned end to end solution
What you'll be doing
In short, you’ll be working in a “virtual team” to make sure we build the right things. Making sure that we get the best value for money from what we build and that the we make the right decisions to deliver our strategic objectives.
This area is about managing the journey from the present to our agreed future state.
It guides investment into the right areas, ensuring consistency of approach across the society, and aligning business and technology needs, to make sure we deliver on Nationwide’s vision and goals.
It’s all about making the right choices to define solutions. About how we turn specific business needs into solutions, and how we consider the choices available to identify the right option for our organisation.
To achieve this, you will:
- Work alongside Heads of Transformation and Chief Product owners to shape the roadmap for their change portfolio/domain
- Lead teams of specialists to define and deliver the business solution architecture for specified programmes and projects within a particular domain/portfolio
- Be a key point of contact and lead architect for our Directors of Transformation and play a key role in their senior team
- Work in collaboration with Technology Architects to ensure that the end to end solution is complete, deliverable and consistent with the approved architecture throughout the life of the Programme(s)
- Define per project the Architecture Governance path and advocate the solution at relevant architecture governance boards
- Define per project the Architecture Products following Nationwide standards
- Identify and resolve design issues (as appropriate) through the leadership of Design Authorities
- Manage Architecture RAIDDs through the project lifecycle
- Build Trusted Relationships across the Architecture domain and more widely across the Society’s Communities
- Take an active role in the Architecture senior management team – contributing to the ongoing development and maturity of the architecture practice; and providing coaching and mentoring to other members member of the Architecture team and provide
The extras you'll get
When you put a lot in, we think it’s only fair that you should get a lot out. That’s why in addition to your salary, you’ll be rewarded with a host of other benefits:
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday each year
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Life assurance worth 8 x your salary
• Access to a Healthcare scheme