Senior Business Enterprise Architect
- Location Swindon, London, England
- Salary £53,162 - £87,253
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/05/2018
- Ref R002300136
- A Senior Business Enterprise Architect based at our Head Office in Swindon or London
- Full time, Permanent Contract, 35 hours a week
- £53,162 - £87,253 a year dependent on skills and experience + status car on a full time contract.
- Send in your application by 25th May 2018.
Nationwide is committed to putting our members at the heart of everything we do and to ensuring that our operations enable efficient and effective delivery of our strategic priorities. To maximise member and strategic value for the Society it is therefore important to define and mature our Business Architecture and target operating models, which detail the changes that need to be made in order to execute our strategy.
The Business Enterprise Architecture function has a challenging mandate to provide thought leadership across our Communities to help shape the roadmap of investment required, and to articulate how our organisation and operations need to change in order to enable delivery of our strategy.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
- Ideally be degree educated or equivalent with direct experience of shaping business strategy and roadmaps
- Have substantive experience of shaping business architecture and operating models at a strategic and enterprise level
- Have strong influencing skills with the ability to manage stakeholders up to Board level, supporting and enabling them to make the right decisions for our members
- Be a strategic and analytical thinker, with the ability to quickly comprehend different areas of the business in order to solve complex problems
- Be passionate about driving customer and organisation improvement and have knowledge and understanding of how to enable this through business architecture and operating model design
- Have a high level of customer focus and commercial acumen
- Be a great communicator with the ability to bring complex information to life, communicating its importance in a way that individuals across our communities can understand and act upon
- Proven ability to collaborate across the business working with multiple areas and stakeholders
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of working in retail financial services
- Experience in creating business cases which drive out investment options
What you'll be doing
What you’ll be doing
- Working across our communities to facilitate the strategic intent – ensuring that there is clarity on how outcomes align to the Society Strategy and how business capabilities need to change over time
- Leading activity to develop the Business Architecture and target operating models which detail what changes need to be made in order to deliver our Society strategy
- Leading the creation of the multi-year enterprise transformation roadmap to guide decisions on investment priorities, working alongside Directors of Transformation and Senior Executives, ensuring alignment to the Society’s strategy and that the contribution to our strategic KPI’s is clear
- Leading activity to drive out the cumulative impact of change on our enterprise operating model and making recommendations to Community leaders on where there are opportunities to improve member experience and organisational efficiency
- Providing direct support to facilitate the establishment of the Society’s new change model
- Champion the cultural change required to drive customer and operational improvements in order to maximise capacity to deliver the Society’s strategy
- Produce briefing and options papers for key stakeholders to enable an informed business choice describing the evolution of operational solutions from current state to future state, and solution options ensuring there is a clear understanding of the commercial value derived.
- Understand external trends, and analyse/evaluate internal insight and external best practice in order to make recommendations to guide strategic decisions
- Provide oversight to key programmes which are strategic and complex in nature, ensuring they deliver a scope and business solution which enables execution of the Society Strategy
- Develop and continuously refine business architecture frameworks and models, such as the Business Capability Model
- Contribute to the overall development of the business architecture capability across Nationwide
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.