Senior Software Engineer
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 21/10/2018
- Ref R001900679
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies either. As a Software Engineer here, you’ll sit within a growing delivery team optimising user and member experience, working at the heart of our IT estate on applications supporting our Savings business.
Who we're looking for
You. We hope, anyway. We are looking for Senior Software Engineers with experience in application design, development and support - leading solutions across our Savings Administration Systems portfolio. You will initially be working with our Unisys mainframe applications, though over time you will move to work on target platforms as we migrate functionality.
You should have demonstrable experience in aspects of…
• Development in a Unisys Mainframe Environment or knowledge of Nationwide’s Savings Products and Processes
• End to end Software Development Lifecycles, with knowledge of Agile and DevOps
• Functional & Technical Design
• Performance and resilience related architecture and design activities
• Engineering of IT solutions to meet Business requirements
• Live incident support
• Experience of working in multi-tier IT architectures
• Strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
• Have experience in task management & mentoring team members
What you'll be doing
You will be involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, thinking end to end. You will be leading teams of engineers to deliver both technical and design outcomes as well as collaborating across other technical delivery and support areas, providing advice and consultancy.
• Engagement with programmes & projects to provide expert input into all aspects of the lifecycle, from early life through to production support
• Accountable for Detailed Functional & Technical Design
• Engineering of Software solutions, including design & code reviews
• Understanding the business impact of technical problems and be comfortable making risk assessments
• Proactively contributing to the evolution of Software engineering within Nationwide
• Quickly understanding problems and provide root cause analysis and resolution
• Working to migrate Savings functionality to target platforms, supporting the simplification agenda
The extras you'll get
Feeling as though you belong means feeling valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give all of our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to work around your day-to-day life, and we show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer:
Info on what this benefit structure looks like can be accessed here.
We’d love it if you joined us. Click apply today and send us your CV to take the first step towards building society, nationwide. Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record, credit check and references.