- Location Isle of Man, Isle of Man
- Salary £34,960 - £50,497
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/05/2018
- Ref R001900479
- A Software Engineer (Technical Specialist), located in our offices in Douglas, Isle of Man (Occasional travel to the UK will be required)
- Salary £34,960 - £50,497 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hours a week, contract
- Please send in your application by 22nd May 2018
We are looking for an IT professional with full stack development experience. You will be working in the heart of the Savings Development Centre, focusing on delivery of technical solutions to support projects across the whole of Nationwide.
Given business requirements and outline architectures, you will join a team responsible for the design, development, testing and implementation of solutions.
Who we're looking for
At Nationwide we believe in putting our members’ needs first and are looking for individuals up-to-date with the latest developments in their fields, who strive to improve member experience through industry leading design, technical excellence and best practice
You’ll have experience working for an organisation that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives. You’ll be used to working in a challenging environment and can react with pace to changing demands.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
- Be experienced working with both onshore & offshore resources
- Have well-developed negotiation & facilitation skills
- Have experience in task management & mentoring
- Be able to work with the business refining their requirements
- Be a self-starter who is comfortable working on your own or in a team
- Recognise the importance of shared milestones and will work hard to meet agreed deadlines
- Have experience with Microsoft development tools (C#, .NET 4.5.2, SQL Server 2014).
If would be nice if you also had:
- Experience of working in the Financial Services industry.
- Experience with the Scrum methodology
- Crystal Reports
What you'll be doing
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team located in the Isle of Man which integrates with multiple sites across the UK and India.
The business area aligned to the IT team is embarking upon an exciting period of change, targeting a high growth plan where technology is recognised as being a key enabler.
The team you will join makes use of the latest advances in technology to deliver benefit to the business. You will use Agile methodology to help deliver change in the most effective way.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme