Solution Architect - Risk & Compliance
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/01/2019
- Ref R001900738
- A Solution Architect – Risk and Compliance, located in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary £50,000 - £73,000 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) based on a permanent, 35 hour week, contract.
- Please send in your application by 31st January 2019.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Solution Architect to join a community of skilled IT practitioners within a dynamic and fast-moving business environment. Help guide our Risk and Compliance community in realising its outcomes and goals through IT change and innovation.
Reporting to the Senior Enterprise Architect; the successful candidate will be involved in the definition, production, governance, and communication of key architecture assets including strategies and roadmaps.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you will have:
- Domain experience in either a Financial Crime or Risk and Compliance function
- Proven background in organisational, systems, business process; and multi-disciplinary, cross-functional change and/ or experience of architectural delivery in the Financial Services domain
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to think creatively
- Experience of building stakeholder relationships
- An articulate verbal and written communicator, able to translate complexity into robust business reasoning
- A self-starting attitude with the ability to work unguided
- Strong ability and interest to research and quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities and benefit of new technologies and solutions
It would be nice if you also had:
- A good working knowledge of new technologies. (e.g. AI/ML, NoSQL, rapid PoC)
What you'll be doing
As an architect working within Nationwide’s Architecture team you’ll be part of a highly skilled team responsible for defining the future state of our Central Communities
- Working with the Enterprise Architects to provide oversight of the architectural estate; providing guidance to initiatives and projects
- Work closely with the business to understand business drivers and outcomes and consider these in terms of IT impacts
- Engagement with business the business transformation community and key business stakeholders to define the approach to solution architecture and solution traceability in project start-up / initiation for key strategic and regulatory change projects
- Contribute to Nationwide’s asset library for the whole IT landscape. To be a knowledge expert through use of our corporate toolset and methods
- Provide solution architect input, support and challenge to enterprise architectural long term strategies and 5 year roadmaps
- Provide oversight on strategic investment projects and programmes, covering sign-off, traceability and act as point of escalation to ensure requirements and designs align to the solution architecture and long term design principles
- Responsible for point architecture practice activity as required by the leadership team
- Provide the right balance of solution architecture (content/quality) with project delivery objectives (time/cost/resource) to ensure the delivery of pragmatic solutions. Draw on the capabilities delivered in other programmes and projects to provide ROI and speed to market efficiencies
- Accountability to communicate and exercise the Architecture Assurance process on projects to ensure compliance with the defined Architecture Governance Frameworks
- Lead/contribute to project and programme design authorities, managing dependencies and presenting solutions to the Architecture Review Board and Solution Design Board.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme