Senior Counsel - Employment - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 26/04/2018
- Ref R001600009
- Senior Counsel, Employment
- 12 month Fixed-Term Contract for Maternity Leave
- Legal Team
- Competitive salary + benefits + car allowance
- Based in Swindon (with flexibility to work from home a couple of days a week)
Use your legal expertise to strengthen the way the world’s largest building society manages its employees. Develop your knowledge of financial services in this fast-changing sector.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
As a minimum requirement you’ll:be a senior qualified solicitor or barrister with significant post qualified experience in employment law.
have a proactive attitude, keen to gain a sound understanding of our business and its processes.
be able to build strong relationships across the business with various stakeholder
It would be nice if you also had:
a passion for employment matters, continuously improving the way we work
- previously worked in Financial Services
What you'll be doing
As a key member of our Employment Law team, you’ll work in close partnership with the senior stakeholders and the wider business, giving hands-on advice. That means dealing with a broad range of issues; from overseeing extensive change projects to handling day to day employment queries and advising on policy.
In each case, you’ll find it’s all about balancing business objectives with a commercially focused approach to the law. But your responsibilities won’t stop there. You’ll also be involved in our litigation, shaping the strategy and tactics for Nationwide.
Going above and beyond the role of advisor, you’ll work proactively to deliver first-rate solutions and achieve key corporate objectives.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme