Assistant Marketing Manager - 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract
- Location Swindon, Bournemouth, South West England
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 21/03/2018
- Ref R001800110
Assistant Marketing Manager in our Member Service Communications team
- £30204-£33,560 dependent on experience based on a 35 hour week.
- This role can be based in Bournemouth or Swindon
- Flexible working conditions considered.
- This is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract role.
- Applications are invited, along with a covering letter, by Wednesday 21 March 2018
Help us to bring our brand and membership to life through our service communications
We need a talented and experienced Assistant Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing Member Service Communications team. The focus is on the maintenance, continuous improvement and optimisation of the important ‘everyday communications’ we send to our members.
In basic terms, these communications can be described as every letter and digital communication we send to meet our regulatory commitments and to fulfil the servicing and operation of member account(s). However, they are much more than this. They carry important and often complex messages and instructions that mark key moments or decision points in a members’ relationship with us and with our brand.
We have a duty of care to our members to make sure they’re clear, fair, not misleading and bring membership to life in a way that truly demonstrates our Building Society, Nationwide difference.
All our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we’re delighted to welcome your application for this role on a flexible working basis.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we’ll be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- 3 years + experience in a previous marketing communications role
- Marketing qualification e.g. degree, CIM, IDM
What you'll be doing
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of planning and co-ordinating projects from inception (brief stage) through to completion, to ensure complex business requirements, demanding regulatory timescales and brand and membership goals are met
- Experience of analysing complex briefs and using member insight and your outstanding communication skills to translate them into member focused propositions and engaging messages
- Experience of working with senior product and technical stakeholders to deliver challenging operational plans to achieve strategic aims
- A passion for championing member-experience and optimal member journeys
- Assertiveness and strong stakeholder management skills, to build credibility and gain the support of colleagues and 3rd parties, using negotiation and influencing skills, to drive positive member outcomes
- Strong budget management skills and a clear focus on efficiency
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects within a busy environment
- Exceptional standards of accuracy and attention to detail, to put quality at the heart of the work we produce
- Experience of digital communications (email creation) will be an advantage
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.