Governance and Control Consultant - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 21/01/2019
- Ref R001800189
• A Governance and Control Consultant based in our Swindon Head Office.
• £30,506 - £44,065 p.a. based on a 35 hour a week.
• Flexible working conditions considered
• This is a 12 month fixed term contract opportunity.
• Applications are invited until Sunday January 20 2019
At Nationwide, we go to great lengths to protect both our business and our members. As a Governance and Control Consultant, you’ll help us to manage our key Governance and Control Policies so that our members can enjoy the reliable service they expect from us.
Who we're looking for
A talented person:
You will need:
• Significant Governance and Control experience within the financial services environment with an excellent understanding of relevant regulatory and legislative requirements
• Experience of influencing senior leaders both individually and collectively in decision forums
• Excellent facilitation, communication and presenting skills
• Experience in data analysis
• Highly organised with excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise a varied and multi layered work schedule
• Experience in providing team members with support and guidance on activities
• Strong attention to detail and quality checking
• Flexible Working
• All of our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours basis or on a flexible working basis.
• Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours, part time and job sharing.
• We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
What you'll be doing
A challenging role:
In this role, you will be required to provide expert input and analysis on the Governance and Control of the Member Communications Policy (MCP), and support the business in managing and monitoring its Member Communications. Furthermore, you will be pivotal in coordinating the regular production of management information to enable the business to ensure it is adhering with its mandatory policies, specifically:
• Support the Lead Governance and Control Manager with the design, implementation and embedding of a robust MCP;
• Manage governance activities to support the success of the MCP; including supporting formalised meetings for the MCP;
• Be the task manager for the policy team members
• Develop, implement and maintain appropriate MI that is designed to monitor adherence to the Policy;
• Conduct deep dive reviews and control testing on the MCP;
• Conduct reviews on control declarations received and lead discussions where gaps are identified whilst setting and agreeing the appropriate remedial actions with the business;
• Work with communication practitioners and oversight functions to review the quality of adherence to the policy, standards and associated processes, documenting recommendations for dealing with strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats;
• Deliver workshops and training sessions to business users on the policy and supporting tools;
• Support and deputise for the Lead Governance and Control Manager where required
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme