Internal Communication Strategic Planner
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/09/2018
- Ref R001800168
We are seeking:
• An Internal Communication Strategic Planner in the Planning and Outcomes Team.
• Based in our head offices in Swindon.
• £42,370 - £47,078 per annum based on a 35 hour week.
• Flexible working conditions considered.
• Please send in your application by Tuesday 25 September 2018.
As a key part of the Planning and Outcomes team you will be integral in developing and delivering the strategic Society Internal Communication plan. You will use your strategic planning expertise to oversee the delivery of a forward-thinking internal communication strategy and plan which helps Nationwide achieve its aims by building understanding, belief and action among our people.
The strategy will help people understand what they need to do and importantly how we need to do it, unlocking a more courageous approach and winning mindset from more of our people, more of the time.
All our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours basis/flexible working basis. Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we’re looking for and what you’d be doing is outlined below.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have the ability to manage and work with complex information.
* Previous experience in a strategic planning role, ideally in a communication environment, although this is not essential.
• Be able to demonstrate your ability to think strategically with sound business acumen.
• Be professionally qualified to degree level or equivalent.
• Possess effective interpersonal skills, with the credibility to advise senior managers.
• Display the passion necessary to influence improvement and pushing barriers – finding new and creative ways to strategically plan and drive a change.
What you'll be doing
• Work closely with the Senior Manager - Planning and Outcomes to co-ordinate and facilitate the development of the Internal Communication strategy and plan.
• Manage day-to-day delivery of Internal Communication plan, ensuring a more joined-up and collaborative approach to achieve goals.
• Manage the Internal Communication team chapter planning process, holding the wider team to account in delivery of the strategy, ensuring milestones and deliverables are met.
• Be a go-to source for best practice, thinking and ideas, specifically with regards to strategic planning.
• Use insight to proactively input developments and updates into the Internal Communication plan, ensuring it is up to date and strategically relevant at all times.
• Manage relationships with Planning functions across the Society, in particular in Marketing and Engagement, ensuring alignment with broader Marketing and Engagement plans.
• Prepare and deliver quarterly planning conference for the Internal Communication team, along with supporting materials, presenting the plan in a clear and engaging way, exploring the previous quarter’s comms performance and collaboratively discussing the next quarter’s plan.
• Use a real eye and appetite for detail, with the ability to decipher and distil complex information into easily understandable and actionable plans based on audience need.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme