Marketing Performance Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 21/04/2019
- Ref R001800208
An exciting opportunity exists in Nationwide’s Marketing Performance team to play a pivotal role in helping us deliver our Member Contact Strategy. We are looking for a manager who is passionate about the use of data to tell compelling stories and drive improvements to the performance and delivery of outcomes for all our 1-2-1 marketing.
• A Marketing Performance & Storytelling Manager at our head offices in Swindon.
• £42,370-£61,201 pa based on 35 hours a week.
• We’ve thought about the flexible elements of this role before advertising, so let’s talk flexible working.
• Swindon based role but will consider applications from other locations.
• Please send in your application by 21/04/2019
Marketing & Engagement
As a community we are responsible for enhancing employee and member engagement, attracting new members and deepening relationships with existing members. We are the guardians of our most precious asset: the Nationwide brand. We are proud that our brand strategy is rooted in our history and heritage and we don’t just want to ‘tell’ that story. We want to share it. We want to engage people and encourage them to be our advocates.
Member Contact Strategy
Within the community our team’s strategic vision is to build a thriving membership of engaged members building society, Nationwide. The more engaged members we have the more we can help them achieve their life goals both now and in the future. We are achieving this through the development of a new strategy that truly puts our members at the heart of their communication experience.
Member Contact Strategy – Performance Team
We exist to demystify results. To enable the member contact strategy team to make informed decisions that drive improved performance, effectiveness and efficiency. We do this through adhering to our Enlighten, Empower & Entertain mantra. We Enlighten – uncovering the insights that enhance the teams knowledge. We Empower – Better decisions are made as a result of our performance insight. We Entertain – Our output is a joy to consume, eagerly anticipated and memorable.
Who we're looking for
You’ll need to demonstrate the ability to:
• Lead a team to deliver actionable insight and compelling performance stories
• Analyse and interpret campaign performance to identify patterns and implications and lead your team to do so
• Collaborate closely with the planning, targeting and optimisation matrix teams to drive business decision making and change.
• Prepare detailed analysis and present this to a range of stakeholders across the business. Therefore, good communication and the ability to vary your storytelling to that audience is essential.
• Help drive the team forward and promote team working, showing how your work fits into the broader strategic picture.
• Ideally, you will have a good understanding of financial services, product and market trends and an awareness of the strategic role of customer marketing in delivering marketing plans.
• Have knowledge of customer analysis and data manipulation techniques.
• Knowledge of incremental measurement methodology, attribution and understanding cross channel impacts would be advantageous
• An advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is highly desirable
• Have an appetite to explore new and innovative approaches that provide appropriate answers to our business questions.
What you'll be doing
Your role will be to use your analytical skills to interpret the results of marketing campaigns and provide strategic recommendations around how they might be improved in the future. You’re leading a team, so as well as your own analysis skills you’ll need to be able to bring the best out of others.
You’ll have direct leadership of two senior analysts as well as working with a wider agile matrix team across data execution, evaluation, targeting analytics, optimisation and creative design.
The data and tools required to interpret performance and tell your stories will largely be provided for you and your team. The crucial part of your role will be interpreting the findings and understanding the implications for the direction of our Member Contact Strategy.
You will then need to engage with stakeholders and help to facilitate strategic business decisions, so good communication and “story telling” skills are essential.
You will be required to respond to complex business problems with accountability for meeting deadlines and making strategic recommendations with significant business implications.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.