Marketing Planning Manager - 16 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 27/08/2018
- Ref R001800158
• A Marketing Planning Manager, based at our head office in Swindon
• Salary range £42,370-£61,201 (£47,078 anchor) per annum, depending on skills and experience
• Up to a 16 month fixed term contract, 35 hours per week
• Send in your application by 27th August 2018
An exciting opportunity exists in Nationwide’s Member Contact Strategy team to play a pivotal role in shaping, delivering and extending our 1 to 1 member communications and channels.
Marketing & Engagement
As a community we are responsible for enhancing employee and member engagement, attracting new members and deepening relationships with existing members.
We are the guardians of our most precious asset: the Nationwide brand. Although our brand is already well-known and many people respect it, our role (and our challenge) is to share our story with even more people, in a more powerful way. We are proud that our brand strategy is rooted in our history and heritage and we don’t just want to ‘tell’ that story. We want to share it. We want to engage people and encourage them to be our advocates. We’re engaging our colleagues, we’re attracting new members and we’re deepening our relationships with existing ones too.
Member Contact Strategy
Within the community our team’s strategic vision is to build a thriving membership of engaged members building society, Nationwide. The more engaged members we have the more we can help them achieve their life goals both now and in the future. We are achieving this through the development of a new strategy that truly puts our members at the heart of their communication experience.
Our aim is to join up our communication across traditional 1-2-1 and external digital advertising channels by developing a ‘central brain’ that ensures members receive a consistent experience across channels. This is a very exciting time for us as we look to bring our new strategy to life, with the launch of a new segmentation approach focused on utilising insight to support a joined-up triggered member journey.
We will be looking for the successful applicant to start in role on or around 1st November 2018.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) with a numerical or relevant marketing/business qualification.
• Have marketing experience, including direct marketing campaign management and planning multi million, multi-channel campaigns.
• Strong analytical and communications skills including the ability to tell compelling stories.
• A strong track record of delivering successful commercial outcomes and experience of using commercial acumen and analytical ability to spot viable opportunities and act on them.
• Be able to proactively create a wide network of senior stakeholders across the business, building and leveraging relationships.
• Ideally have experience of leading high performing teams – providing a nurturing environment for the team, allowing them to perform at their best and develop.
• Ideally have an understanding of financial services, product and market trends (but not essential) and an awareness of the strategic role of marketing in contributing to corporate targets and plans.
What you'll be doing
As a Manager within the Targeting & Planning Team you will evolve and further embed Nationwide’s Member Contact Strategy and be responsible for planning and implementing member contact through each of our owned media channels – prompts (Digital, Branch and Direct), outbound calling, inserts, email, SMS and direct mail.
Your team contains a number of planners, each focused on different channels, who together target and deliver our 1 to 1 member contacts. You will be responsible for the development and delivery of these 1 to 1 member contact plans working closely with stakeholders across Brand and Marketing, Distribution and Product teams whilst at the same time staying true to our Member Strategy. Developing close working relationships with our Campaign Execution, Effectiveness and Marketing Communications teams will be vital day to day.
As well as being responsible for a significant marketing budget you will also be expected to build strong working relationships with suppliers (e.g. mail and email distribution and digital software suppliers) and represent the team as the subject matter expert on transformation projects. Continuing to transform our marketing capabilities, particularly around personalisation, putting members in control and building new channels is a key focus for us.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme