Member Representative - Lichfield
- Location Staffordshire, West Midlands
- Salary £17,000 - £23,158
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 24/04/2019
- Ref R00BN01934
- A Member Service Representative for our branch in Lichfield, Staffordshire
- £17,000–£23,158 a year on a full-time contract, plus benefits
- Send in your application by 24th April 2019
- Interview date is likely to be 8th and 9th May 2019
As a building society, we always put our members first. That’s why we would like you, as our Customer Services Representative, to be the first point of contact our members have, the minute they walk through the door. Guide them in the right direction when they ask for your help. Offer advice on the best ways to manage their money. It’s outstanding personal service like this that shows our members just how much Nationwide believes in doing the right thing.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, someone who will always put our members’ interest first.
You will also be:
• A great listener, sociable and enjoy communicating with people.
• Someone who enjoys building relationships, a team player and can be empathetic.
• Computer literate, so you can use some of our digital tools and systems to support our members.
• A problem solver who loves a bit of a challenge.
• Aware of financial products, such as a current account, personal loans and credit cards. Don’t worry - We’ll train you on our fantastic, market leading products.
What you'll be doing
You’ll help us to support our members’ needs by taking ownership of their queries and build relationships.
We’ll give you all the training you need to set you up for a successful journey with us. You’ll find yourself learning about us and the way we look after our members by shadowing existing colleagues and spending time in our virtual classrooms. Once trained, you’ll find yourself;
• Confidently meeting and greeting our members in the branch foyer, pointing them in the right direction, or responding to their questions.
• Getting to know the members, understanding their needs and building relationships in order to deliver the legendary service we’re known for.
• Helping our members with their money, you’ll describe key features, benefits and recommend the most suitable products and services for their financial needs.
• Talking to different people and handling lots of different types of conversations, from taking ownership of answering simple questions to handling complex problems.
• Making sure you manage daily tasks efficiently, ensuring you’re doing the right thing in the right way when interacting with our members.
• Being an advocate of the local community where you live, demonstrating our core values of PRIDE and focusing on being up to speed with your product knowledge and initiatives to support our members.
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
• 24 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday.
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Life Assurance worth 8x your salary
• Training to help you progress and develop your skills and career aspirations
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.