Senior Member Relations Consultant
- Location Northamptonshire, East Midlands
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/04/2019
- Ref R002203569
• Senior Member Relations Consultant based in our Northampton Administration Centre
• £25,421 - £36,720 per annum
• Full-time, permanent role
To manage the resolution of complex, technical and/or specialist customer complaints and disputes requiring a greater breadth or depth of specialism and complaint handling knowledge and expertise. The role holder will work across a range of high-risk, time-critical and/or sensitive cases, acting as the Society’s professional expert in this area. They will provide guidance and support to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, challenging established views where appropriate and ensuring, in each case, that the business delivers a fair customer outcome.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• In depth knowledge and experience of specialist and/or complex complaint handling.
• Comfortable in making standalone informed decisions/acting autonomously.
• Confident, pragmatic with strong verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with and challenge senior managers (up to Director level) on existing policy in a professional manner to help improve and evolve the business.
• Excellent written communication skills, able to articulate complex issues in a way which is clear and accessible to the audience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build rapport and instil confidence both in our customers, senior managers and regulatory bodies.
• Demonstrate a clear customer focus, with experience of supporting customers, understanding and empathising with their needs in complex and technically challenging situations.
• Must have full understanding of Complaints Framework including Internal Complaints Procedure (ICP), Training & Competency Framework (including Quality Assurance model), and role of FOS and FCA in complaint handling.
• Time management and ability to manage personal workload in an agile manner to support multiple complaints within prescribed timescales.
• Excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills, with strong commercial awareness and attention to detail.
• Excellent negotiation, facilitation and listening skills
• Ability to advise, coach and mentor in area of expertise.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications; Word, Excel and Outlook
What you'll be doing
In this you’ll take full ownership of complex customer complaints, including those raised through the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) on behalf of the Society. Daily you’ll;
• Conduct thorough analysis and investigation and determines an appropriate course of action and resolution. Identifies financial and/or emotional impacts incurred by customers and determines compensation payments and/or other non-financial forms of redress. Ensures that all responses meet appropriate regulatory and legal requirements.
• Responsible for handling multi-issue, multi-divisional complaints, providing expert input on and guidance to other business areas, including Heads Of/Senior Managers.
• Act as a recognised Society expert and escalation point from colleagues both within the Department and more widely across the Society for complaints in specific area or areas of specialism/expertise. Provides direction, advice, guidance, mentoring, coaching and training on technical, specialist and/or complex complaint-related issues.
• Act as a trusted advisor to a wide range of internal senior stakeholders (up to ExCo level) advising, influencing and providing recommendations on appropriate responses and courses of action relating to technical, specialist and/or complex complaints.
• Provide support and insight to Heads Of/Senior Managers on FOS and related decisions, including their potential impacts product and service policy and processes. This includes providing written guidance, highlighting the issue, the FOS view and making recommendations for change.
• Identify and highlight (through escalation) systemic or emerging complaint-related issues:
• within the Department through shared learning and best practice (including FOS outcomes, customer feedback, root cause analysis and relevant MI).
• across the Society, challenging and facilitating improvements to existing product and service policies and processes.
• Where appropriate, support and deputise for Department managers and leaders.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme