- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 21/10/2018
- Ref R002100197
• A Communications Consultant based in our head offices in Swindon.
• £30,506 - £44,065 per annum based on a 35 hour week.
• Flexible working conditions considered.
• Applications are invited until Sunday October 21 2018.
Looking after our member’s money is part of the Payments DNA – whether it is enabling a member to move into their first house, transferring money to their children, or paying for their weekly food shop, we ensure our members money is sent and received securely. Payments is a true 24x7 operation with over 2.1 billion payments processed last year.
Payments is a fast-moving area, constantly experiencing change and needing to adapt to our members’ needs – whether the change be industry led, project driven or simply delivering continuous improvement on how we service our products. Our team is diverse and our work means we need to work closely with many other areas across the Society. We are looking for a communications consultant to join our team to engage with all our colleagues and ensure we are connecting appropriately across communities.
Flexible Working Conditions
All our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours basis/flexible working basis. Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you will have:
• Evidence of having good attention to detail
• Exceptional time management skills and experience planning workloads and priorities
• Communications experience with a strong understanding of how to achieve results with a variety of audiences
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills using a range of tools and techniques
• Good experience of MS Office, to an advanced level within communications
• The confidence to build effective relationships within the team and the wider Payments community, as well as other internal and external colleagues
It would be desirable if you also have:
• Experience in developing a communications strategy
• Experience in building Brand Awareness
What you'll be doing
Working with the Payments Division, you’ll play a key role in supporting our strategy and plan. This involves motivating, inspiring and engaging our people to deliver a high performing organisation. You’ll work closely with the Internal Communications Business Partner for Payments, suggesting and implementing interesting and exciting ways to communicate with the team.
The Communications Consultant role provides the opportunity to produce quality employee communication briefs, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the business and audience needs, desired output and creative standard. Working with the Senior Management team in Payments as key stakeholders, you will be responsible for the delivery of communication activities and small projects by effective planning, organisation and co-ordination, where you will be required to write specified communications deliverables – e.g. DVD scripts, LIVE articles, intranet content and presentations.
Finally, you will seek and interpret feedback from clients, customers and business partners about employee communications activities, making recommendations for future activity whilst managing all employee communications within legal and regulatory frameworks.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme