Management Information Specialist
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 21/10/2018
- Ref R002100198
We are seeking:
• An Management Information Specialist based in our head offices in Swindon.
• £35,309 - £51,002 per annum based on a 35 hour week.
• Flexible working conditions considered.
• Please send in your application by Sunday October 21 2018
Looking after our member’s money is part of the Payments DNA – whether it is enabling a member to move into their first house, transferring money to their children, or paying for their weekly food shop, we ensure our members money is sent and received securely. Payments is a true 24x7 operation with over 2.1 billion payments processed last year.
Keeping up to date with the latest regulation, industry initiatives, and technology and innovation in Payments dictates that our analytics team is a responsive, innovative, and professionally stretching, place to work. We are now looking to expand the team with the addition of an insightful, committed, forward-thinking MI Specialist who, with the delivery of insightful and timely analysis, will be excited to play a key role in the successful delivery of Nationwide’s Payments Strategy.
Flexible Working Conditions
All our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours basis/flexible working basis. Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you will have:
• Experience of dealing with a complex and diverse portfolio of data management, analytical reporting, and insight delivery at senior level
• Be an expert Excel user as well as being proficient using the suite of Microsoft software
• Have experience working with projects to provide insightful analysis and be confident in identifying appropriate data sources and project impact on MI requirements
• Experience designing dashboards and reports for clear presentation, using the most efficient method, and confident in reviewing requirements with stakeholders and negotiating deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and experience presenting complex data to senior colleagues, making it understandable and engaging
• The confidence to build effective relationships within the team and the wider Payments community, as well as other internal and external colleagues
• Exceptional time management skills and experience planning workloads and priorities
• Experience implementing and maintaining robust data governance methodologies
It would be desirable if you also have:
• Experience using Excel Get & Transform and Power Pivot, SAS EG, Qlik Sense
• Experience in creating methodologies to improve the efficiency of getting and transforming complex data
• An understanding of Payments systems, schemes, and regulatory bodies
• Experience working within Financial Services or an associated field
• An awareness of regulation, emerging risks, and market developments for Payments
What you'll be doing
• Produce a series of regular reports for key stakeholders, such as dashboards, including Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements to support the understanding of Payments performance, recommending actions for consideration
• Creating and monitoring 5-year forecasts and working with stakeholders to agree forecast assumptions and obtain sign off
• Accountability for developing, sourcing, maintaining and publishing Payments reports ensuring other areas across the department input, review and sign-off the responsibilities
• Drive value-uplift of Payments reports including integrating report content with other functions to provide an end-to-end view, and where possible, look to automate reports
• Build and evolve the “information architecture” on reports ensuring terminology, language, look and feel is consistent with Nationwide’s brand standards
• Analysing large data sets and making recommendations for cost efficiencies and service improvement to benefit members
• Monitor and report on the performance of the Payments cost strategy
• Track and govern cost centre management reporting and where appropriate identify cost efficiency opportunities
• Ensure accuracy in all deliverables and work with team colleagues to maintain and improve the methodology of quality control and governance
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme