Personal Banking Consultant - Nationwide Now - Wakefield - Recruitment Evening 24th April 2019
- Location Wakefield Contact Centre, Yorkshire and the Humber
- Salary £17,682 - £25,541
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/04/2019
- Ref R002203522
On Wednesday 24th April 2019 we’re opening our doors giving you a chance to find out more about working as a Personal Banking Consultant within our contact centre (Nationwide Now). Apply now to reserve your place.
• Phone based Personal Banking Consultants in Nationwide NOW, Wakefield Contact Centre.
• Basic salary £17,682 (depending on experience)
• 35 hours per week on a flexible 6am-10pm contract.
• Current working hours are Monday-Friday between 8am-8pm, you will be required to work every other Saturday between 9am-5pm (With a day off in the week).
In our Contact Centres, there's nothing more rewarding than hearing the appreciation in someone’s voice when you’ve helped them with some amazing customer service. It’s one of the things about Nationwide that people love the most.
Our people love it. If you’ve got great people skills, we think you’ll love it too.
Who we're looking for
When we talk about Personal Banking, we really mean personal. We use technology because it brings us closer to our members and helps us to have better conversations. Simple as that. So that’s really what we’re looking for in you: great conversation, excellent customer service skills, a naturally helpful attitude and the confidence to be yourself – on the phone, as part of the team.
Every day, you’ll be ready and willing to learn more about what we do. Of course, if you’ve already got some relevant experience in banking or in a contact centre, that would be the perfect start!
• The first point of contact for all inbound customer enquiries on Nationwide products.
• Able to identify and meet the needs of customers using your excellent knowledge of Nationwide’s products which are predominantly Credit Cards, Personal Loans and Current Account.
• Studying towards gaining the skills to trade in non-advised products.
• Displaying our working ethic of P.R.I.D.E. Putting members first; Rewarding membership; Inspiring trust; Doing the right thing; Excelling at service.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have experience in a customer service environment
• Able communicate confidently and clearly
• Able to use a PC and navigate different systems whilst speaking to customers
• Be enthusiastic and work with team members to be part of building a solid relationship with our members
It would be nice if you also had:
• Enjoy the challenge of problem solving and keen to continuously learn and improve
• Telephony experience.
• Experience in financial services.
What you'll be doing
You will be a first point of contact, handling inbound calls opening a whole range of Nationwide products: Credit Cards, Personal Loans and Current Accounts. Being a good communicator is crucial, as you build rapport with each member to gain a better understanding of the different ways we can help them. By asking the right questions you will be able to discover the options open to them and explain our products and services in a way they understand. This is a fast paced and challenging role that you will find rewarding. As a keen team player, you will contribute to the overall performance of the department.
The extras you'll get
When you put a lot in, we think it’s only fair that you should get a lot out. That's why in addition to your salary, you'll be rewarded with a host of other benefits:
• Salary of £17,682 (depending on experience)
• 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ another 10 days’ holiday
• Benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to loads of training to help you progress and develop your career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.