- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 01/05/2018
- Ref R002300119
Project Manager, Business Transformation
Salary: circa £54,290 + benefits
Our Transformation teams have the exciting challenge of managing Nationwide’s business transformation agenda. We have around 120 projects and programmes in flight at any one time including portfolios in the areas of Payments, Regulatory Reporting and Compliance, Technology Services, Property, Telephony, Operational Process Improvement, Mortgages, Banking and Savings, and Digital Development many delivering new products and new technologies as well as updating our existing technology estate. Through an annual investment in change projects, we strive to ensure that the organisation remains competitive and continues to evolve and provide outstanding service to our members. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment where delivering our change portfolio makes a real difference to the business and our customers.
Who we're looking for
Known for your people skills, you are confident and experienced in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external suppliers and you have a proven track record of quality delivery. Adept at managing the twists and turns of a project you thrive on challenge and use your leadership skills to lead a team to success, even if the going gets tough.
Excellent networking abilities and communication skills enable you to successfully manage a range of stakeholders including the presentation of technical updates. You instinctively know how to get the most out of both your team and your suppliers and your understanding of project risk means that you successfully anticipate and mitigate potential problems.
Your attention to detail combined with a logical and consistent approach ensures your plans are robust and well managed. Your ability to work well under pressure to deliver results in a controlled project environment will also be vital. With previous budget accountability experience you understand how to forecast and track project cost.
- Stakeholder management (internal and external relationships)
- Professional qualification in Project Management (preferred PRINCE2)
- Relevant business experience such as execution of projects within previous roles
- Project Management experience including end to end management of the project lifecycle
- Experience of people management ideally within a matrix environment
Domain specific experience:
- Experience and understanding of how fraud data systems work, both within Nationwide and with a view of best practice across the industry
- Experience of implementing changes to functionality both at a technical and business change level on fraud platforms
- Experience of working with external vendors on industry standard platforms, specifically Actimize Integrated Fraud Management
What you'll be doing
You’ll build, motivate and lead a project team to deliver £multi-million technology and business change projects, adhering to the governance gateways in our project framework,. Crucial to success will be establishing and maintaining strong relationships with your sponsor and multiple key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle. You will produce and manage a plan for delivery, successfully identify, document and manage project risks and issues, manage changes, and strive to cut project cycle times, drive value and enhance quality.
- Manage the project activities on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the sponsor using the Change Management Methodology, including defining the approach and milestone dates.
- Identify and secure internal and external resources required to successfully execute the project. Build a high performing team with the right blend of skills for the work.
- Become a trusted advisor to the project sponsor and key stakeholders, communicating true status in an appropriate form, proposing well thought out actions to address issues and risks, and balancing cost/risk of scope changes against benefit
- Lead the shaping of the project, contributing ideas and optimising scope to achieve the business objectives. Challenge existing thinking through the ability to see the bigger picture
- Provide visibility of project progress against budget and schedule, in a format suitable for sponsor and steering group audiences, enabling informed decisions
- Manage project budget in conjunction with Financial Management and the Project Sponsor and seek ways to reduce project cost and increase or bring forward benefits.
Your project management experience will include the successful delivery of projects through the entire project lifecycle including using multi-disciplined teams and a range of delivery models including onshore and offshore and we welcome applications regardless of the industry in which you gained your knowledge and experience.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.