Finance Operations Team Lead - 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 01/05/2018
- Ref R001700198
- Finance Operations Team Lead in our head offices in Swindon
- £23,341 - £33,714 per year salary on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract.
The Team Lead will be responsible for supporting the BAU running of the Finance iBuy Operations Team, supporting the use of our purchasing tool, ibuy across the society and enabling the payment of supplier invoices via Purchase Order.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- have an intellectual curiosity, willing to challenge the status quo, balancing commercial needs against a requirement to maintain effective control.
- have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, including the ability to develop clear and concise communications, with outputs tailored to the audience as appropriate.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with ability to effectively manage relationships with internal stakeholders, third party suppliers and external service providers.
- Have the ability to manage workload and assess priorities to deliver on multiple demands and to challenging timelines.
- Be a strong team player, sharing information and providing support on wider team deliverables as required and
- Have an understand of accounting fundamentals without necessarily being a qualified accountant
- need to able to prioritise multiple demands and deliver to challenging timelines.
- Be comfortable working with numbers, but also have a strong customer service, with the ability to recognise issues and provide appropriate responses
It would be nice if you also had:
Ideally, we’d like you to have experience working with operational finance processes, with knowledge of Purchase to Pay, coupled with some supervisory experience.
What you'll be doing
Both the Accounts Payable/Procurement Ops functions form part of a wider Finance Team overseeing the Purchase to Pay Process for Nationwide, from the creation of purchase orders to invoice payment. We need a committed and enthusiastic people to help deliver a high-quality service for the business.
- Liaising with suppliers and colleagues face-to-face, on the phone and in writing, so good communication skills are vital
- Working to tight deadlines and high standards
- Training employees across Nationwide and supporting the exploitation of our Purchase to Pay Tools
- Problem solving and liaising with suppliers/employees to resolve discrepancies/queries
- You will support the management and development of the iBuy Ops team and be focussed on attainment of targets set for service delivery, error rates and so on whilst recognising the changing needs of the business. Using your strong stakeholder management skills you will build day-to-day relationships with 3rd party suppliers and key business contacts across Nationwide.
- You’ll make sure processes and procedures are documented, challenged, and developed under effective control and identify opportunities to support the wider business and add value for members. Ownership of some Purchase Order function and process, managing workloads and addressing issues and backlogs with support from iBuy Ops Team Manager.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual bonus scheme