- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 20/03/2018
- Ref R001700184
- We are looking for a Procurement Manager, ideally based in our Head Offices in Swindon but we’re flexible, so this could mean working from any of our other sites.
- Salary Competitive on a permanent 35 hours a week contract.
- Send in your application by 20th March 2018
Our Procurement function has gone through significant transformation whilst building a new Target Operating Model. The new operating model for Nationwide Procurement combines category alignment with business partnering to create five procurement teams focussed on the delivery of business and customer outcomes. We are looking for a Procurement Manager, with procurement experience, to deliver greater cost efficiency and deliver sustainable value through an effective and engaged supply base.
Already a Procurement professional, you’ll be looking for your next pivotal role. You’ll be able to demonstrate how you have delivered tangible business benefit, using procurement expertise to influence and engage with a wide range of business stakeholders and suppliers.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- Proven, extensive experience in procurement and supply chain management (category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier selection and management)
- Knowledge of an and interest in the Property procurement category to include Design, Construction, and Facilities & Estates Management
- A great communicator, with the ability to develop and build effective relationships with Stakeholders
- Able to analyse data and complex inputs to support sound business decisions
- A working knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to category
What you'll be doing
Key responsibilities of the role:
- We need our Procurement Managers to deliver “joined – up” procurement and supply chain strategies and solutions. This means incorporating the full procurement lifecycle (category planning, sourcing & supplier management) across specific categories and business areas within NBS.
- You’ll be playing a key part in delivering Procurement Transformation programmes in several ways: leading Supplier Value Management and Commercial Contract Management activity for your designated suppliers / categories, as well as delivering on account plans, development plans and supplier governance.
- You’ll use your strong stakeholder relationships and deep understanding of the designated business area to enable the development of procurement and supply chain strategies as their SME
- Delivering robust commercial deals for NBS, that meet the risk appetite and ensure we spend our member’s money wisely and/or improve the customer experience.
- Drafting and negotiating complex contracts and ensure the maintenance and timely execution of NBS contract pipeline within remit.
- Provision of accurate and contract and supplier data
- Acting as an SME to your Category partners and stakeholders to help deliver projects within budget and timescales
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.