Senior Procurement Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 01/05/2018
- Ref R001700200
- We are looking for Senior Procurement Managers, ideally based in our Head Offices in Swindon but we’re flexible, so this could mean working from any of our other sites.
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
- Send in your application by 1st of May 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Senior Procurement Manager to join our Procurement team. These roles are imperative to the delivery of Nationwide’s operational and technology strategies, working closely with the Head of Nationwide Procurement to lead the development and delivery of innovative procurement and supply chain solutions that give Nationwide Building Society a competitive advantage, improve the Member experience and align with cost and risk appetite expectations.
The roles will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of “joined-up” procurement and supply chain strategies alongside solutions that incorporate the full procurement lifecycle, across multiple spend categories, geographies and business areas within Nationwide Building Society.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- Extensive experience in procurement and supply chain (category management, contract negotiation and management, supplier selection and management) across a variety of spend categories and industries/organisations
- Extensive commodity & supply market knowledge across a variety of industries and spend categories with a specific focus on IT technology and future developments in the technology space.
- Specialist knowledge and experience in developing and delivering category strategies
- Significant understanding and knowledge of contract law and legal knowledge relevant to category
- Extensive experience in leading and managing strategic and business critical supplier relationships and contracts
- Proven line management skills, with ability to coach others, identify and act on team’s development needs
- Experience in cost & financial management and Transformation activities
It would also be nice if you had:
- A degree with a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CIPS or equivalent)
You’ll be responsible for leading and developing a team of procurement and supply chain professionals, overseeing their delivery, continually building their capability and improving their performance. You will additionally be managing strong networks across the supply market to bring thought leadership, deep insights and innovative procurement and supply chain solutions to Nationwide Building Society.
What you'll be doing
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Managing the Nationwide Building Society supply base in line with our objectives, including owning and managing specific key suppliers on behalf of Nationwide. Identifying potential new suppliers, managing and improving supplier performance and continually evolving supplier service to the benefit of the Society
- Using strong influencing skills to build and develop strong relationships with stakeholders across the business and be recognised as a key partner in developing procurement and supply chain strategies
- Owning, managing and supervising the commercial contract risks which exist in the category, ensuring mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within a defined risk appetite
- Building a deep understanding of the business area under remit within the Society and deliver procurement and supply chain solutions that meet their requirements
- Leading timely execution of Nationwide’s activity and contract pipelines, delivering robust commercial deals for the Society, that meet the risk appetite and ensure we spend our members’ money wisely, and/or improve the customer experience
- Drafting and negotiating complex contracts
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.